“Comfortable, welcoming, great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Comfortable, welcoming, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wonderful stay at the SpringHill. Debra set up the breakfast each morning, and it was fresh, delicious and comprehensive, between eggs (scrambled or boiled), ham, croissants, bagels, great yogurt (even Oikos brand, my favorite), fruit juices, great coffee and tea, strawberries, melons and more. I was astounded, and it really started my day off great. Interesting decor in the lobby - kind of a retro chic, light blue-green theme. Elevators were nice. I used the exercise room and was pleased to find TVs on the treadmills. Slept great in the room - the air conditioning gets REALLY cold if you want it too. The sliding doors of the bathroom get off-track though - that was annoying. Not sure why the shower and toilet are in separate rooms, but you get double the counter space because there's a counter in both. Overall, would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I will pass along your nice words to Debra. We think she is great too! Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I usually HATE staying at hotels, but I must say, I ENJOYED my stay there. I am really picky on cleanliness of a hotel and there were only a few unclean things that I spotted out. The skirt of one of the beds had not been changed, there was a little gunk under the faucet of one of the bathrooms, and one of the handles in the shower was a rusting and when the water hit it, the rust ran a little. It sounded way worse than it actually was, or I would've asked to be moved to another room.

All of the staff was GREAT! EXCEPT, a woman who was at the desk the night before I checked out. She was horrible! Very rude, and she lied about late check-out. Not only that, she was violating many company policies. I WILL BE REPORTING HER TO HER SUPERIORS.

As far as the parking, there is parking in the back and front of the hotel and also covered parking, but the front parks are full most of the day. Other than that the hotel seemed extremely clean and I felt REALLY safe knowing that a person had to have their hotel key to get to the rooms on the elevator. Everything is just about five minutes away, so the hotel has a good location. The room was VERY spacious, and the beds were really comfortable. I can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't eat breakfast there. I also can't comment on the sofabed that was in the room because we didn't use that either. My biggest complaint would have to be the woman who was at the desk that night. I will DEFINITELY be staying there on my next visit, and that will be SOON!

Room Tip: This hotel is located in a cut but it VERY close to Potomac Mills, many stores for shopping, and man...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I called the Hotel a few days before arriving to let them know I recently broke my leg and would need special accommodations. When we arrived the receptionist remembered talking to me and had everything ready just as she promised on the phone days earlier. Room was excellent. Breakfast staff Debra and Brittney were equally outstanding. Debra saw my crutches and immediately ask "What can I get for you? Nice touch. I'll be here one more day. Loving it so far!

• Stayed July 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Marriotts, but the staff here was the most accommodating, friendly staff I have ever come across. We were celebrating my mom's 80th birthday and the staff went out of their way to make it memorable. Kyle helped us plan our DC day trips. Debra made sure that the complimentary breakfast was hot and readily available. She is also very personable and friendly. Krista went out of her way to help us with our luggage when we arrived late at night. Laura Niarhos, the General Manager, was extremely helpful in helping us with
some special requests and finding us a room when we decide to stay an extra night. I would highly recommend this hotel for your visit to Washington, DC. It was very easy to drive to the Metro stop ($5 all day parking) and catch a train into the city. It was much less expensive staying here than in a hotel in DC. Also, there was a grocery store and lots of great restaurants within a mile from the hotel. But as I stated, the friendly, helpful staff were the best part of the stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis for business. From the moment I check in and until the moment I check out, the staff is very courteous. During breakfast, Debra offers a familiar smiling face and truly makes me feel at home! She greets every guest and ensures everyone has everything they need to start their day on the right foot!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bishopville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Debra was in charge of Breakfast. She does a fantastic job. Food was good and the area was clean and she was right there to get what we wanted and help make sure every one was taken careof or had what they wanted. She doed an awesome job.

From Pastor Hallett

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights.

First GPS was going to have us park on the highway entrance ramp and walk to the hotel! Other one couldn't quite get us there either. The hotel was in sight, just a little tricky to access. Ok after the first time. Might want to get there with daylight to assist.

Very nicely decorated, quiet even with groups there for other activities. Very large room. Comfortable bed.

Good breakfast with lots of options, even for vegetarians or those more health conscious. Might need to figure out how to get another waffle-maker to fit on the counter to help streamline breakfast traffic. It appeared to be a very popular option.

Desk staff very nice, eager to help.

All is up to Marriott's standards we rely on for a satisfactory stay.

If shopping is your thing, you will be more than happy in this location.

We drove on weekend days to Metro terminus. Parking is free on those days. Easy to access and play in D.C. Traffic is notoriously bad in this neck of the woods.

Would choose to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple