“Consistently Solid Hotel.”

SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past year the most recent being over the Christmas holiday. The hotel is bright and immaculate. The design is fun and reminiscent of smaller European hotels. I am an elite member of Marriott’s frequent guest program an every time I check-in (which is completely painless) all of my room preferences are always honored.

The rooms themselves are kind of funky in a cool vibe kind of way. The layout affords a separate sitting area with couch and decent-sized desk and workspace with plenty of charging outlets. In-room wi-fi is complimentary and works pretty well. The “bedroom” part of the room (I have only stayed in a Studio Suite) features a standalone wardrobe and separate stall shower with sink and separate toilet with smaller sink. The only downside to these two separate rooms is that they have frosted glass doors and at night it is impossible to not disturb your other half because there is really nothing to shield the light. The room also features a microwave and coffee machine but breakfast is included in the rate – though with my food allergies I can never partake so cannot comment on that – though the set-up did look to be pretty typical breakfast warm and cold.

The hotel also has a grab and go light refreshment center (for a fee) but the prices were pretty reasonable. There is an indoor pool and fitness center as well but I have not tried any of those yet but they look spotless and well-equipped. This hotel is in a convenient location, near I-95 and the Potomac Mills is obviously right there as well.

All in all this is a solid SpringHill Suites and definitely my preferred choice when staying in the area.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room on the top floor. Completely quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
PotomacMillsSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you have been recieving consistent service and continue to choose our hotel while traveling to the area. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to your future visits.

Best Regards,

Laura Niarhos

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We decided to stay here again as the granddaughters just love the decor of the interior and the rooms. Very modern, clean and well kept. A bargain at the lower end of the marriott trio of hotels at Potomac mills, I just cannot see paying the extra for the residence inn or courtyard each of which is a stone's throw away.

ONLY disappointment this time was the indoor pool tempurature might have been 64 degrees at best!!!! made for a short dip in the water to say the least. Noted it to the front desk and know that it was corrected for the next guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David G
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid hotel in the Marriott family. This Springhill Suites is very modern on the inside. The king room was spacious, with a desk, nice sofa, microwave/fridge, and very comfortable bed. They split the bathroom and vanity/shower into two different little alcoves, with very modern sliding doors. Kind of a nice touch, everything felt very modern and very clean. The shower is a big walk-in with a glass door, with additional spray jets that make it feel almost spa-like. No matter what I did, I ended up with a puddle of water outside the shower door. Not a huge issue for me, but I feel like it will eventually cause water damage to the room.

Service was....OK. I stayed over Thanksgiving, so I definitely had the 'B' team of service. The gentlemen at the counter seemed visibly frustrated - there was an elderly couple that was having trouble with the elevator (they were equally frustrated). My check-in was very short, few words were said. Breakfast on Thanksgiving day was not indicative of a 3-star hotel. Cold microwave egg circles and floppy sausage patties. Nearly everything else was out by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 (breakfast ran until 9:30). This was probably a result of the holiday, but that's not a good reason to slack on service. Internet access was extremely slow. Forget about trying to watch Netflix or trying to VPN from your work laptop.

All in all, the room itself was great, but the rest of the service was lacking. I've stayed here before, and this was easily the worst time. That being said, the quality and cleanliness of the room are paramount for me, so I will continue to look for this hotel going forward.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NotSharkBait
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A nice, modern, clean, well appointed hotel. The bed was comfy and the included breakfast was OK. All the staff were friendly. There are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, and a Starbucks very near. All in all a good stay, but the price was perhaps $30+ over the top.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel August 24 enroute to the Outer Banks, North Carolina from Toronto. We usually stay in this town because of the Potomac Mills Mall but have always stayed in the Wytestone Suites hotel. I took TA reviewers advice and booked this hotel for us and two other families. We were not disappointed. Check in was fast and courteous. Hotel lobby looked modern and rooms were clean and comfortable. All three of my teenagers were impressed..which speaks volumes. The included breakfast was standard, no complaints. The location is right off the interstate and surrounded by large box stores, ie Target ,Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and of course the Potomac Mills Mall which is a great place to shop if anyone is interested. There are also many restaurants within 1-2 miles radius. We paid 148.00 taxes included with the CAA/AAA discount. Book it you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joeyandotis
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I usually stay in Courtyards and recently decided to try the other limited stay properties is this portfolio. I'm impressed! Clean, new decor in rooms and lobby. I think I'll stick with my own breakfast though, and scrambled eggs and sausage were less than appealing.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night on my way to SC. The hotel is modern and looks nice. The bed was comfortable but too close to a loud air conditioner when it was on. My family and I stayed in a 2 queen bed/sleep sofa room, which was big enough for the 4 of us. The room only had 1 tv where as other hotels I have stayed in that have the same size room have 2 tv's (2 tv's in a room when traveling with 2 teenagers is a plus). The morning breakfast was good and staff was friendly when I checked in/out. The hotel is near resturants and stores. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family