“Outstanding Accommodations!!”

SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed in our first SpringHill Suite the night before our autotrain trip back to florida – what a great surprise and excellent hotel. I try to stay with Marriott and another hotel chain when I travel in the States and overseas. The Marriott name, the reviews, the location to the autotrain and food choices for the family drove my decision. We are all glad we did it.

The entire property is new, very clean and modern – but not over the top or sterile. The reception ladies were extremely polite and the layout of the first floor to include snacks, drinks and the little things travelers forget are here. My wife enjoyed the décor and especially the colors.
But the big surprise is the quiet of the hotel and the size and layout of the room…I mean Suite. In our case – a very Long room, two queen beds; a separate lounge area with a pull out. A separate toilet area with sink and a separate shower/tub with sink. No family fighting to wait in line! Great temperature controls; Flat screen HD TV. Five pillows per bed, and a perfect mattress (not too hard or too soft). We never made the breakfast, we slept it! Free WiFi in the room is a plus!!

There are a number of good places to eat within a mile. We had a great price and a great stay. SpringHill suites will be our pick when traveling.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
PotomacMillsSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your stay was an excellent experience on your way back to Florida. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are back in the Woodbridge area.

Have a wonderful summer and we look forward to your future visits with us and with Springhill Suites.

Best Regards,

Laura Niarhos

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Our room was not cleaned from the previous stay. We noticed that the coffee table had crumbs on it and cup stains and the hand towels were used. It appeared to be lipstick. The front desk gave us another room immediately. The new room looked great to my delight until I sat down on the bed and noticed that the comforter was full of stains. I pulled the sheets back and they had quite a few hairs straggled about. I didn't want to appear difficult, so I called the front desk to request housecleaning to change our linens. Well, the front desk attendant came up and handed me fresh linens and said, "housekeeping had left for the day." So I had to change my own sheets and did not get a fresh comforter. I was done complaining but decided that would be my first and last stay there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank davidanddanielsmom
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed here as part of a tour group so I had no say in the matter and do not know what the "cost" was. I was very pleased with the hotel. The modern appearance didn't appeal to me but it also didn't turn me off. The room was clean and quiet. I had 3 great nights of sleep. The hotel had other groups but there never seemed to be a problem. Breakfast was sufficient and on par with most hotels.

• Stayed: April 2011
PotomacMillsSHS, Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and we are happy we could offer you a good night's rest while visiting and touring Washington D.C. Hope you had a nice trip home.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 12, 2011

How I wish I had read these reviews before spending the last several weeks trying to book a block of rooms at this hotel for a fall wedding. Like the reviewer below who received bad service in November 2010, I was ignored and/or put off by the director of sales and the hotel manager. I wasted a lot of time before realizing I'd be better off elsewhere.

I was initially told that the hotel could provide a dedicated shuttle for our guests to/from the reception, for a nightly group rate of $129; the group rate without shuttle service had been $109. The sales director's proposal contained the incorrect number of rooms; after telling me she'd update the proposal, she allowed it to lapse instead. When I finally succeeded in getting her to return my emails and messages, she no longer had enough rooms available at group rates. When I asked for a reduced number of rooms, she offered them at the low, low group rate of $129 per night - this time WITHOUT a shuttle. In other words, the same rate for less service - and this "group" rate was $10 more expensive than the individual rates available at marriott.com.

As annoying as it was to have wasted several weeks in chasing down the sales director, it was more so to listen to her repeated excuses for why she couldn't call me back or return my emails. In our last conversation, she promised to return my call in 15 minutes - I was still waiting 55 minutes later when my daughter (the bride) took over the disagreeable chore of communicating with the sales director. The hotel manager had a different approach - he simply refused to return my call, although I'd identified myself as a Marriott Gold Rewards member (this counts for absolutely nothing, btw) and asked for his reassurance that his hotel could deliver good service, despite the sales director's example. It obviously cannot.

I like Springhill Suites (though there are noise issues, as other reviewers have said). But I would NEVER book a group into this hotel as long as the management is so thoroughly unprofessional.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank bpym_rocks

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Springhill Suites at Potomac Mills we apologize for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will use them constructively.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

It's a great hotel in a good area. Very new. I love the flat screen!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our new Springhill Suites and look forward to your future visits with us.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

This new hotel looks great but has some issues with it's young staff. The hotel's internet went out and, instead of telling me there was an issue, the young clerk insinuated it was laptop at fault. Came to find out, the service had been out all day. A little honesty goes a long way. The hotel also had no ESPN. This was almost more distrubing than the internet, almost. With the prelude to March Madness, ESPN is a must for the solo businessman.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GOVtravelerNewYork
Reviewed January 9, 2011

What a different design from the other hotels that we have stayed at on our way to Florida. Very modern design. Like the separate rooms for toilet and shower. Like the extra space to set out two suitcases. Even the studio suite had a fridge and microwave. Although it wasn't snowing so we didn't use it, the hotel offers underground parking. We didn't get up in time for breakfast, so no comments there. Because we stayed three nights, it would have been nice to have more closet and drawer space. And housekeeping forgot about us one day. Also, I expect the desk to be able to provide a local map, if asked. Other than that it was a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple