“Fabulous barbecue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokey Bones

Smokey Bones
Ranked #24 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 703-491-0390
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Fabulous barbecue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Best BBQ in town! Love the ribs. I have been here several times when I get that "hankering" for BBQ and they satisfy every time. Great sides, too.

• Visited June 2013

Virginia
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised. It is very rare for my husband and I to have a meal we both enjoy. We will be back for sure!

• Visited February 2014
Virginia
“Best Wings outside of home, Excellent Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

1st had this at a birthday party and the 50 or more guest were treated to the Ribs, Turkey, Wings, Brisket and other items. I was suprised at how good these wings were/ARE. The following week, we placed a to go order and once again the ribs (which I don't eat) were excellent according to the family and the wings, THE BEST WINGS I HAVE HAD OUTSIDE OF MY HOME! I cannot express how good these wings are.

To sum it up, this place will get regular business from me as the food is outstanding!

• Visited February 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Round 2”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a follow-up to a review I did in December, “Hopefully a rare….”

A little background info: I emailed my December review to Smokey Bones because I thought it is only fair that they are able to see it and respond if they’d like to. A rep did call me the next morning to talk about my experience and apologized for the mishaps. He also offered me a gift card to come back. I was glad to receive that phone call and know that someone cared enough to take time to do that. I am appreciative of that.

I used the gift card and a couple extra dollars for the online order I placed. I ordered the exact same foods as my previous order to see how it would turn out and also because the food was decent. I got to Smokey Bones at 4:41, four minutes before my order was to be ready as stated online. An employee asked my name and then asked two other female employees if they knew of my order. Both shook their heads “no.” This obviously got me thinking slightly negatively. I asked if my order had been received and the employee said that it had been, it was being completed, and that sometimes when someone is on the computer, they can’t see the online order at that time. Fair enough, I accepted that explanation. I received my order at 4:51 and the employee who cashed me out asked if I wanted any extra barbeque sauce, etc. I got to my destination about 10 minutes later and checked the order….everything was correct. The food was a little cold and there weren’t any fork/knife/napkins included but that wasn’t a big deal at this time.

My takeaways from the two visits:

Positives:
1. Ordering online is quick, detailed, and simple
2. Multiple employees asked if someone had helped me yet.
3. I have a favorable view of their customer service, both at the restaurant and online (rep who called me)

Advice:
1. Check your order before you leave with it
2. Heat everything up, your order may/may not be on the cold side

• Visited January 2014
“Nice place to relax!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a long travel day and we sat at the bar to relax and the bar staff were friendly and helpful!

Visited December 2013