“Service was lacking.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 703-491-0390
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate here since it was right in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at. It took a few minutes for the waiter to get to us and get our drinks which is why it gets three circles. The food was good. I had the ribs and my wife the brisket. Nothing to write home about, but good BBQ for a BBQ restaurant that did not have a visible smoker or smoke stack.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

In looking for a new BBQ place, we decided to try Smokey Bones. The food was presented so quick that I made a comment to the server. The server stated that their food is all pre-prepared and put on the grill. i tried the fried BBQ chicken and the skin was so dried out that it felt like I was eating eggshells. As we walked out of the restaurant, the entry smelled like urine from the restrooms. This restaurant did not look very clean and we will not be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great food and customer service. Beer was a little high.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I like their pulled pork. More Carolina style, which I like. For the area, this place definitelly beats Red Hot and Blue and Rocklands for sure.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Although I've seen many, I've never stopped at a Smokey Bones. Even traveling on business, I prefer to eat things I don't normally cook at home and I've never tried cooking ribs. Maybe I'm uneducated about ribs, but mine were fantastic! Prices were very reasonable, especially considering the size of the portion! My server was very attentive, which was surprising considering how busy the place was. The only thing that prevented the 5th star, was that two tables away from me was a stack of dirty dishes waiting to be cleared. I changed seats at my table so I wouldn't have to look at the mess...which was still there when I settled my bill.