“Best Pakistani/Afghan Cuisine in NoVa” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pakistani/Afghan Cuisine in NoVa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The food is fantastic and the service is the best. When Al-Zaytoun opened a few years ago, it had a lot of competition in the area. Now only Al-Zayton stands... a testament to great food and very friendly service. We eat at Al-Zaytoun every couple weeks and it NEVER disappoints. Sometimes we order off the menu, sometimes we order the buffet. The buffet is small, but always a great selection of options (even if you are a vegetarian). Top it off with a mint lemonade or mango lassi. When we want to go out and be guaranteed a great meal, Al-Zaytoun is our favorite restaurant.

• Visited August 2012

“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great place to eat. The food are very authentic. We love the kebab!!!!!!! It's awesome all you can eat....

Springfield, Virginia
“That's the stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Extremely tasty beef samosas, fantastic naan and hummus, and a great lamb kabob.
I think we'll try the buffet next time.
Everything we had was fresh and delicious.
TripAdvisor steered us here for something different, and it is a winner.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Edenton, North Carolina
“NO ambiance,but who cares! GREAT food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is an excellent choice for take out. If you dine in, you are at a small booth or picnic table and basically just pick up your food as it's ready. However, the buffet is well worth it and the two times we were there, was excellent. The Hummus is very tasty and the MINT lemonade is a MUST try!
I prefer to take the food out, but eating in worth it for the high quality food.
Definitely try it; you will probably go back!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Customer Service doesn't get ANY Better!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I just left this place and I see why they're the #1 Kabob Restaurant in Woodbridge. I placed my order over the phone to pick it up and I walk into the small establishment and the owner (the husband) greets me by name! (enter grinning like a chesscat here)

They have this minty lemonade that the owner (the wife) makes from scratch. Secret recipe. Her husband doesn't even know everything that's in it. I asked to try a sample before committing to buying a cup and OH MY GOODNESS! Yummy!

I had a taste for a lamb gyro and french friends, so that's what I ordered, but I noticed that the 3-4 families dining in the restaurant were partaking in their small but appealing buffet. I may have to go back and try that. I love supporting small businesses, especially those family ran.

I'll DEFINITELY be back to Al-Zaytoun Kabob and Grill.

• Visited May 2012