“Great Show. Nasty Food.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lazy Susan Dinner Theater
North Reading, Massachusetts
“Great Show. Nasty Food.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I tasted this relish sweet tasting gherkin things. Quite disgusting. Only thing I liked was the Chicken pot pie. Everything else, The Salad(Had bugs in it) and They had bread in the filing cabinet. and It was really disgusting. Loved Aldolpho though! He made the experience 10x better. :) The old dude in the chair (The Narrator) was funny. I looked at him and he made a weird face and pointed to the stage. I started laughing. I esp loved when he said "What you don't think I was married?" and someone in the audience said "No". Hilarious show but gross food.

Warrenton, Virginia
“Great show”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

As veterans of The Hayloft Dinner Theater, we attended with high expectations comparable to past experience. This is in no way comparable , but the show was entertaining. The facility is vintage, but clean and comfortable. Wait staff/ actors were friendly and efficient. The food! What can one say.......probably the worst display we ever encountered! I gave it a 3 for entertainment , cleanliness, and comfort. Please let them find a chef to manage that kitchen. It could be first rate with decent food.

Catharpin, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a great surprise!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was worried about going there with my husband, sister-in-law and husband. I don't know where these other folks went who wrote such negative reviews but we had a great time. The Pennsylvania Dutch buffet was great, play (the Drowsey Chaperone) was funny, staff was attentive, efficient and polite. All in all it was a great evening and everyone there was having a good time. One can always find fault but if you want a pleasant evening without spending a fortune this is a great stop. The outside of the building could use a facelift but inside was clean, pleasant and comfortable. I would go there again and recomment it to anyone.

Alexandria, Virginia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A fun evening”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I just returned from my first visit to the Lazy Susan Dinner Theater. I had purchased groupon tickets for my family (11 year old twins, my husband and myself) to see the Drowsy Chaperone with some trepidation after reading the reviews. My entire family was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean. The food was average, but fine and fresh. There was a nice selection of typical buffet foods, everything tasted good. The fish was especially nice, not dry as in many buffets. We tried a bit of everything and enjoyed it all. The desserts were my least favorite, but still OK for a buffet style meal. I've had many worst meals at buffet restaurants. The service was attentive and friendly and the actors did a great job acting and signing. Their hearts were clearly in it. The musical was really funny. We laughed the entire time. All in all we had a fantastic time and will likely do this again in the near future. Things I found out: (1) you are called to the buffet in the order of arrival. Most people arrive between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. We arrived just before the 6 p.m. opening of the buffet and our table (number 49) was called around 6:25 p.m. The wait was no big deal and there was plenty of food left when we went through the line. (2) the actors heavily depend on the tips we leave, so be prepared to reward them for all of their effort, including the table service. They even stood by the door to wave goodbye when we left after the show, and they likely had at least a good hour of clean-up still waiting for them after our 10 p.m. departure--a long day! (3) The show is family friendly. There were a few "inappropriate" words or allusions to topics in the dialogue, but it was completely fine for 11 year olds. I probably would recommend it for 8/9 and up. (4) Included in the price are the show, the buffet, iced tea, coffee, tea, and water, other beverages are extra. If you do not order any beverages, you can ask the waiter to charge $1 to your credit card and then add the tip you want to leave. I was told that the entire amount, including the $1 goes to the actors. I find that easier than bringing cash.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HOW IS THIS PLACE STILL OPEN?!?”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Okay so im here on a school field trip... And it was DISGUSTING! There was bugs everywhere! I had to get new silverware because bugs crawled out of it and there were many bugs crawling around in our food. Not to mention the food was inedible. It was impossible to tell what was what and when you did, it was disgusting! Sooo many people threw up at that place because of the food. After 2 days im still sick. Plus the place was wicked sketchy. It's in a moldy trailer with NO windows (its in a gross basement) and there are barely any lights. And since everyone was sick- we all went to the bathroom just to find out they didn't work! There were exposed wires and the servers were so mean. Also there were NO SPRINKLERS OR FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ANYWHERE! And for the acting... you could clearly tell that they have jobs as waiters for a reason. They had no experience and it was obvious. The actors actually had full blown conversations on stage when it wasnt their turn to speak... talk about amatures. And the exit signs were not lit, which was frightening in case of an emergency. It was truly the WORST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN!

1 Thank Reviewperson1234