Sleep Inn, Potomac Mills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge(Woodbridge)(Great Value!)
$79
$108
HIExpress.com
$89
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$119
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Near Potomac Mills(Woodbridge)(Great Value!)
$98
ComfortSuites
Best Western Potomac Mills(Woodbridge)(Great Value!)
$101
$139
$125
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

All reviewspotomac millsyogurtsausagefront deskflat screen tvwould definitely stay here againbed was comfortablecomfortable placetwo nightsworking orderhot itemsshopping and restaurantsmake your own wafflesgreat ratewaffle makerwithin walking distanceauto train
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed here 3 nts while visiting Washington DC. Clean and very nice. Seemed newly remodeled fresh paint, carpet, etc. Bed could have been softer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
SleepInnPotomacMills, Owner at Sleep Inn, Potomac Mills, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed a stay at our Sleep Inn. We are glad to hear you stayed at more then one newly-renovated Sleep Inn, as it was a key goal of the brand to upgrade the look and feel of all of the properties in the chain. The bed was selected to accommodate a broad array of guests and we were sorry to hear it was firmer that you would have liked. We recently replaced all of the beds and bedding in the property as part of the renovation, and hope to have you back again to try them out!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at this motel with my significant other for an impromptu stay in June 2011. I had looked through my smartphone for a very economically priced motel and this one came up as one of the lower priced in the Woodbridge area. Being that it was lower priced (and a motel), I wasn't expecting much when we checked in, but I was VERY pleasantly surprized! This is by far one of the nicest motels I've been to, and I've done a lot of travelling, so that is saying something for this place. The lobby area was very warm and welcoming as well as the staff. The rooms were very modern and comfortable. Included in the rooms were flat screen TV's, and a mini-fridge! The shower had great water pressure. Everything in the room looked brand new! I've been to many hotel that are not even as nice as this was. They also include a free continental breakfast and free wi-fi is also available. If I ever had to stay in this area again, I would definitely be back for a repeat visit.

Room Tip: I'm not sure that there really is a bad room in the entire place!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your positive feedback. It sounds like you appreciated the hard work we put into our renovation and the value we provide for the price. We hope to welcome you again when you visit the DC area in the coming months!

Reviewed June 17, 2011

The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean. The wifi is spotty in some rooms which was disappointing because I had to work. The breakfast is good. However the room had a bit of a musty smell that seemed to come from the bathroom.

Room Tip: Check the WiFi signal in your room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dcnc4
SleepInnPotomacMills, Owner at Sleep Inn, Potomac Mills, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

We appreciate the feedback, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff's friendliness as well as the cleanliness of the property. While we do offer free internet, we appear to be experiencing some WIFI issues due to a current vendor we are using. We are under the process of replacing the hotspots in the entire facility and that project will be completed this summer. As for the musty smell, would you be able to provide a room number where you experienced the problem? We recently renovated the entire property and made it non-smoking. Our hope is to address any one-off lingering issues that may remain. We hope to have you and other business travelers stay with us again soon. Thanks!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband And I recently toured Washington D.C. And stayed at this MO-tel for 2 nights. We paid 100 dollars per night which was a good deal considering how convenient we were to D.C. However, we found out why it was such a deal upon entering our room. We had a second floor room- at it was tiny. The queen bed. Felt more like a double and do to being so crowded feeling- my husband and I could not get a good nights rest. Even the pillows on the bed were half the width of normal pillows which was very uncomfortable. The bathroom was also very small with only a standup shower and no tub. The entire second floor reeked of cigarette smoke and even though we had a non smoking room - the smell wafted in. We tried to stuff towels under the door but this made no difference. The fridge, microwave, and television were severely outdated and need replacing. The toilet didn't work and we had to have the maintenance man come work on it.
He splashed water out of the commode and onto the floor and used my bath towel to wipe it up and didn't even ask housekeeping to give us a disinfecting mop job. In the morning we went downstairs to eat breakfast and the dining area was so crowded there was no place to sit. Breakfast seating is Severely Limited! We saw they had a wafflemaker which we love so we attempted to make a waffle. We waited in line 10 minutes and then my husband nearly got into an altercation with a big man who tried to cut him in the waffle line. Overall this place is a dump!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Lcstudent17
SleepInnPotomacMills, Owner at Sleep Inn, Potomac Mills, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

We wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, as we did not have a TripAdvisor account until recently. We read your feedback and were very disappointed. Due to your comments and some others, we decided to undertake a massive renovation and wanted to offer you and your husband a free room night to visit our property again to see the result of the changes and upgrades that we made. To highlight some details, we have responded to all of your feedback below:

DC Convenience / Rates: Thanks for your positive comments about our location and value.

Room size / Queen Bed: We took your feedback. As part of a massive multi-month full hotel renovation, we added multiple King rooms to our available room set by replacing and space has also opened up in these rooms because they were previously rooms with 2 beds.

Good nights rest: We replaced every single bed in the hotel when we went through the renovation. Early feedback is very positive, but we would welcome you to come see for yourself.

Pillows: We have replaced / upgraded every pillow in the facility during the renovation and welcome you to see this first hand.

Bathroom: It sounds like you were in one of our Queen rooms with stand-up shower. We do offer larger bathrooms with tubs and also have a jacuzzi room available for reservation.

Second floor / cigarette smoke smell even though had a non-smoking room: As owners, this is a problem that we have been dealing with for years. We built this hotel with both smoking and non-smoking rooms and while that worked well for many years we learned that, over time, this became a challenge to manage. After the renovation, we made a decision to transform the entire property into a non-smoking one. We still welcome smoking guests and provide designated areas on the property outside of the building to accommodate them. The change to non-smoking has been a refreshing one and has allowed us to really tell you with confidence that this will not be a problem again.

Fridge, microwave, and television were severely outdated: As a part of the renovation, all 3 were replaced. On a side note, we now have 32" LG LCD TVs wall-mounted in every guest room.

Maintenance issues: I'm sorry that you had this problem. I assure you that this is not the way we want to do business and it has been addressed with our maintenance team.

Breakfast and the dining area was so crowded: We took your feedback, removed the serving table from the middle of the area and added 2 additional guest breakfast tables for use as a part of the renovation.

Waffle Machine Issues: It appears that there was an altercation at the waffle machine. While guest vs. guest arguments are rare, we have heard your feedback and we are going to work with hotel staff to attend to this area during the breakfast time so we can avoid such issues.

I know you had a poor experience with us, but now that we have access to this forum, we wanted to respond to you directly and also have you contact us directly at the property. As was stated earlier, we wanted to offer you a free night stay at our newly-renovated property to let you see first hand the kinds of changes we have made. The feedback you gave was honest and tough to take, but we took it and made some serious changes at the property to address the issues and feel that we are now offering an excellent value for the price, now more than ever. We personally believe people and business are defined by their ability to adapt and handle adversity, and we hope to have the chance to show that to you first hand sometime in the 2011 travel season. Updated Virtual Tour and video is coming soon, but post-renovation pictures are on our site.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn numerous times over the past 2 years, but July 2010 was my last stay. Upon moving in to my room, I discovered a large infestation of ants in the corner of my room. When they offered to move me to a new room, THAT room had an ant infestation all over the desk. No other rooms available and the guy from the front desk finally provided a can of insect spray that I got to smell all night. Awakened at 3:00 by the paving company laborers that had booked a dozen or so rooms having a drunken party that spilled into the hall.

The facility is becoming very worn and is in desperate need of being remodeled. Cleanliness is beginning to suffer also. No idea what all the brown spots and streaks were on the ceiling and walls in the bathroom, not sure I want to know.

It is really a shame because when I started staying at this location it was a good value and a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank f6fhellcat
SleepInnPotomacMills, Owner at Sleep Inn, Potomac Mills, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2011

We wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, as we did not have a TripAdvisor account until recently. We just undertook a massive renovation, refreshing our entire property and every single aspect of it. Part of that renovation was a serious re-visit of our pest control vendor. I am sorry we were not able to respond to you sooner, but would love to have you stay with us again to see our upgrades and see first hand the kinds of changes we have made.

As for the noise in the hall, I am disappointed to hear that one group of guests had that impact on your stay. We want those issues to be handled in-the-moment by out hotel staff and would be happy to exchange personal information like cell phone when you do stay with again if you do encounter any trouble. In any event, a strategy to handle unruly guests has been revisited with front desk staff as a result of your feedback.

As for your feedback about wear / tear, and the need for a renovation, we heard your feedback loud and clear, and went through a massive multi-month renovation that was just completed.

I am glad you felt like we were a good value in the past, and we hope to re-earn that distinction from you. Feel free to contact us directly at sleepinnpotomacmills@gmail.com to discuss further. Thanks.