All reviews potomac mills school trip outdoor pool eggs south carolina room was clean yogurt three nights sausage nice stay large group great place to stay breakfast buffet washington dc would stay here again the breakfast area front desk staff
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, but thanks to the staff working on the night of June 23rd I will never again. I had 2 nights set up through Travelocity. Upon arriving the staff was not able to process the transaction even though money had already been taken out of my account. They then proceeded to charge my card again. The staff had me waiting for an hour while they continued to be hostile towards other guests and of no help to me. They mainly seemed concerned with just getting out of work. The hotel is nothing great and clean, but was able to deal with it....not any more. Go to the Holiday Inn that was just built. It was only a few dollars more, but a thousand times cleaner and comfortable. At any rate its over 2 weeks and still waiting for a call from management to refund my money. Guess that is what you get when you stay in Hoodbridge.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank subphillyflyer
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Subphilly flyer,
Thank you for your comments and let us consider the facts from your perspective.
First I profusely apologized for my staff and I for being part of the human race that is imperfect. When you make a reservation by way of a on line travel agency there are a lot of factors that can contribute in the hotel not having your reservation. If you were double charged I assure you we will reverse the double charges.
You indicated you have stayed with us on multiple occasions, surely you must know this not the norm. If you wish to contact me directly, I will personally see to it that your double charge is corrected

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were in the woodbridge for a family wedding and stayed in this hotel which we found conveniently located to shopping malls and restaurants etc. There is even a swimming pool and late night noise in the floor above us was quickly and effeciently dealt with. We had a lovely big room, with really comfortable beds, good size bathroom and pleanty of fresh towels. The self service breakfast was great with good selection and the free tea, coffee and juice 24/7 in the breakfast area was brilliant. Room rate was excellent and we regretted not staing here for our full time in Washington area particularly as the hotel in Central Washington was twice the price with poorer facilities. Staff member Josh was particularly helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel and on the third floor or above.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Nmoore751,
Thank you for commenting on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills. We are striving to lead the industry in customer care with unsurpassed value.
Thank you for your business and for entrusting us with your care.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Excellent service, very clean rooms. I would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Troutman35,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the Best Western Potomac Mills.
It is most gratifying to know our efforts to lead the industry in customer care with great value is recognized.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care!
At your service!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

So, if you have read any of my reviews you would know that I am a stickler for checking for bugs and I want a smoking room.

Well the Best Western of Potomac Mills was completely bug free, but a total non-smoking hotel. The room was clean (although some attention could be paid to the broken floor tiles in the bathroom) But, the beds were so comfortable and the staff was accommodating. We had a room on the 7th floor and I brought my electronic cigarette with me...so I was happy.
A really cool large flat screen television and plenty of outlets for charging cell phones.

The small refrigerator was so cold, it froze my cans of diet coke! But, the towels! OOOH, they were so soft and just lovely.

So close to the Potomac Mills Mall and IKEA...great for shoppers!

Room Tip: Our room was located right near the ice machine...ask for a room farther away...very noisy at times.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear sm0kin,
Glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and all the other amenities the hotel has to offer. Bathroom renovation is in our future.
At your service!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Besides the rudeness of the staff at the front desk, the only sink in the small room we had was busted the entire 2 days and no attemps were made to fix it, could not get even tissues in the dispenser in the room. Room was dirty, carpet so dirty that I had to throw away a pair of socks. Small outdated rooms, very noisy place, rude employees, no clue on how to run a hotel. Never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda B
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Linda B,
Thank you for your comments, however I do not think your assessments of our hotel is a fair and honest reflection of who we are.
Besides taking care of immediate issues, we cycle shampoo all guests’ rooms quarterly. We work very hard to ensure everything in your room is in working order, however, on rare occasions when something fail we have a tech on the schedule to respond to these mechanical breakdown. Be that as it may, I regret that the hotel offerings did not aligned with your expectations.