“Great location”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
cleveland, ohio
“Great location”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were in the area for our son's Marine Officer commissioning and needed to be close to the base in Quantico. Since we have not been to the area before, and had specific times to be at base, location was extremely important. The hotel was right off the highway, plenty of restaurants, gas stations, and shopping at our finger tips as well. It was about a 15 minute drive to the main entrance. We lucked out as far as there being little traffic heading south into the base, and when returning from the base to the hotel the main traffic seemed to be headed the other way - a real plus!
The hotel was clean, reasonably priced, especially for the D.C. vicinity, and provided a nice selection of breakfast foods that were included in our stay. There was something good for everyone in our group. The make your own waffles were delicious! We had a toddler with us, and upon checking in late at night we were told by the desk clerk that juice was available at any time - wonderful for us, and something we would not have thought to check into, as the posted breakfast hours are 6am-10am. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear lbsunsets,

We appreciate your feedbacks and most importantly, thank you for entrusting us with your care.

At your service!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We have been staying at this Best Western for nine years on our trips to and from Florida. We come back each year because the hotel is so clean, the desk clerks are very helpful in giving directions, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is great. Of course, we also shop prices, and Best Western Potomic's prices are comparable or better than other hotels in Woodbridge. We will be staying at the hotel in February of 2012 on our trip down to Florida and then again in March on our way home.

Room Tip: We like to get a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was a nice motel. We had a very busy day (started at hotel by Baltimore Washington Airport at 5am to go to White House, zoo, Air and Space Museum, full tour of Capitol building, dinner, then walk around the Mall, and memorials there), so by the time we hit the room at 10:30 that night, didn't see much of motel. Did like what did see, though, and slept very well, beds were very comfortable, rooms very clean, easy access off highway, seemed well located to alot of the area. Would look for this motel again if we go back to that part of country. Travel was in June of 2008.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills and thank you for your business. I am happy to know that your basic needs were met and most importantly, thank you for entrusting us with your care.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is my third stay at the Best Western Potomac Mills (I was attending a conference) and once again I had a throughly enjoyable time. I was greeted when I got to my room with a "welcome back" letter from the manager, along with a jar of chocolates which was a really nice touch and made me feel like I was coming home.

The front desk staff were great, especially the two ladies (I'm really sorry I didn't get their names to complement them properly). To me it is the staff that really make or break a stay and being as I am ex hotel staff and am now a travel agent. I'm really picky on customer service as I'm always looking to be able to reccomend a place, and I know what should and shouldn't happen in a hotel.

I had a room on level 8 which is one of their "executive" floors, so also had a fridge and microwave. The bathroom could have done with a tidy up (the shower head was coming away from the wall and the bath had a crack in it so the water leaked, but there were plenty of towels and the water was hot, so who cares). Apart from that and after two days I lost the wifi reception in my room there were no issues at all (the wifi worked as soon as I walked out the room door, just not in the room so it really wasn't a big deal.). A light bulb had gone in one of the lamps when I first arrived, and by the time I got back from dinner it had been replaced. That to me is awesome service.

The hotel itself offers a free breakfast included in the rate which is great, although I did miss the boiled eggs and bananas they used to have. The have also added hot food to the menu with omelets, fried pototos and either bacon or saussages. They also have a coffee machine in the dining area which is accessable all the time, and much nicer than the filter coffee in the rooms :)

The location is great for shopping - The Potomac Mills Outlet Mall is just down the road, and it's easy to get into DC as well using the local bus and metro system (for those that don't have a car).

All in all I loved my stay and hated to leave. Can't wait to go back, and the Best Western will always be my choice when I'm in Woodbridge.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. Thank you for your business and most importantly thank you for entrusting us with your care. We await your return!

At your service!
Creedmoor, North Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed here last week with a school field trip. The room was clean and the breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Bigbass17,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills and thank you for your business. More importantly, thank you for entrusting us with your care.

At your service!
Reviewed November 15, 2011

First, check in was simple and easy. Our room was ready for us before regular check-in hours. We had a clean room. It was quiet and we didn't have any noisy neighbors. The breakfast in the morning was delish! Bacon, potatoes, eggs, waffles, pastries and good coffee and juice. So much more actually, but I couldn't eat it all :) Don't hesitate to stay here next time you are passing through Virginia or shopping at the outlets.

Room Tip: I got my room on Priceline.com
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Amygt104

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Potomac Mills. It is most gratifying to know that our culture of service is alive and well. I am happy to share more upcoming upgrades to further enhance your experience, a full lobby renovation and the deployment of flat panel TVs.

Most importantly thank you for entrusting us with your care and thank you for your business.

At your service!!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend shopping trip with family. We were able to get a great rate on the room with 2 queen beds. The hotel check in process was very easy and the room was very clean and smelled nice. The beds were comfy. Though this hotel is dated, it has been kept up very nice. The breakfast has been upgraded since my last stay last year. It was a great value for the room with the breakfast included. Everyone that worked there was nice and helpful. The phone didn't seem to work in our rm though, we tried to call the front desk, but did not get a dial tone. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay, and I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BWSpringfield, General Manager at Best Western Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Lovejones,

I am happy to inform you we are in the process of renovating our lobby seating area, phasing in FLAT PANEL TV'S and completing MICROFRIDGES in all guest rooms in 2012. We work very hard to maintain and keep up with the aging lady with grace. I am glad you noticed our efforts.

Thank you for entrusting us with your care and thank you for your business.