“Gourmet delight”
Review of Bistro L'Hermitage

Bistro L'Hermitage
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro L'Hermitage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Bridge Road
“Gourmet delight”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a surprise! Who'd a thunk such a gourmand's dream come true would be on a back street in Occoquan. It is pricey, but you are getting really good food. And it does lack romantic ambiance...It is crowded and filled with happily chomping and talking customers.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Ronniejean

Alexandria, Virginia
“FIRST CLASS RESTAURANT IN ALL RESPECTS”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

So glad we found this gem tucked away in Woodbridge. We ate there on Saturday 12 July 2014. The welcome at the door set a trend for the evening, We were shown to our table offered water and or drinks, followed by menus and a wine list. Without prompting wonderful bread arrived and our server Bryan provided us with details of the specials and left us to choose our food and wine. My wife chose green salad to start followed by Skate (the special) and I chose the Seafood soup and Skate (both specials). We chose a wine to compliment our meal. Bryan returned to tell us this was no longer available but suggested an alternative which we accepted. However before bring a bottle he offered a sample to ensure we were happy. A great thing to do which we appreciated. The alternative wine was perfect. The food was first class and our server really looked after us. We plan to make this a regular place to eat. Thanks Bryan and the staff you gave my wife and I a meal and evening to remember.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank ggrant26
Bluffton, South Carolina
“4th of July Celebration”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Son & daughter in law and our grandchild surprised us with dinner out on the 4th of July to a wonderful French Bistro. A bit pricey and really not for kids, however the atmosphere, service, and most importantly the food was outstanding. We had the crispy oyster and avocado mousse to start that was very tasty. I truly enjoyed one of the daily specials - corvina and scallops with mash potatoes and asparagus, my wife enjoyed their regular seared scallops. I also had a side of sautéed mushrooms and garlic that was exquisite. Nice wine selection with great service - definitely a place for romance.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank skreider
MARTINSBURG
“Great service and food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The decor is query but the rest of the experience was excellent. There is great food and wine pairing. They have a most competent chef and wait staff. You can have a 5-7 course experience with wine pairings. On weekends everything is a'la carte. The staff and owner are pery personable as well as well dressed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank moosaki
Springfield, Virginia
“Great atmosphere with a side of 'little pricey'”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My Family of 3 received a gift certificate for this restaurant for a Wedding gift in April. We'd never been here and love new dining experiences, so what a treat for us. Off we go. It is off of the beaten path, and appears to be in a neighborhood. We go to Occoquan frequently, so we were fooled by it's location, but nonetheless, it looks quite quaint on the exterior just like a little French restaurant.

We were greeted and seated right away as we had reservations. The interior is a little small, quaint, and a bit romantic. The tables are close enough to see everyone around you and hear them too. Unfortunately, there was a table in the corner to which my 13 year old daughter was facing that had a couple that were making out profusely right there. We know the restaurant couldn't very well control this; but it was an experience for her, if you get my drift for a young teenager. This continued until we left.

The waitress was polite and courteous, although she never even congratulated us on our weeding even though I showed her our gift certificate that was purchased site unseen by a family member on the West coast. No problem, but I would think that they would give a little fanfare to first timers...no? As I said, she was polite & courteous.

The food is priced to the top of any menu you could possibly look at. We tried escargot for an appetizer, while my wife had the filet mignon, my daughter the lamb, and the tuna filet for myself. The escargot didn't taste as I've tasted in Paris, but it was horrible. It tasted slightly chalky and from a can...I could be wrong, but that's my experience with it. My tuna was a nice size portion and very good cooked rare. The filet was meh for it's price and the lamb was meh as well.

The wine is OVER priced to the core. We spent $65 for an average bottle of Malbec that we never heard of. And since we were enjoying the moment & lover wine; we went back for more on another bottle. $130 later...just average. No need to kill your customers on alcohol pricing; it's already your biggest profit. In their defense, they did have bottles for less, but not much less and we never heard of any of them really. Our waitress DID let us taste first as well, so this was really a budget decision on us.

$330 later, we finished our meal with 2 deserts and one on the house to congratulate us with a candle on top. The sorbet was great as well as the creme brulee' that we were given. I didn't try my daughter's desert.

Before we left, one last treat....the restrooms. Straight out of the 70's???? Red toilet, sink, and hand cloths to wipe your hands. My wife said the female room was about the same. They looked as if they hadn't been changed in years, although not really dirty...just old. :)

They get our four stars, but not without the truth, so there it is. We would go back (just my wife and I) to the bar for a cocktail or two maybe or dinner; just not not over doing ourselves now knowing their menu. Everyone that we met seemed nice though and we saw the owner interacting with some tables...just not ours.

Enjoy...Bon Apetit'