“Love this special gem!”
Review of Bistro L'Hermitage

Bistro L'Hermitage
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro L'Hermitage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 282 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Bridge Road
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The first time we ventured to walk in we thought it was a casual bistro for sandwiches and such, but the restaurant is elegant! The host encouraged us to stay and dine but we wanted to be dressed a little better than we were. We did love that it didn't matter what we were wearing-- everyone was so welcoming! When we finally did have dinner the food was amazing! Perfectly cooked steaks, the best risotto, and to die for Creme brûlée! The service is always impeccable and the atmosphere is cozy and romantic. We celebrate all of our special occasions at our favorite French bistro!

1  Thank Toha20120

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant lives up to the billing. Made reservation through Open Table which was very convenient for a last minute Anniversary dinner. The service was first rate. They took our coats off our shoulders when we arrived. Seated right away. The atmosphere put me back in Europe where we vacationed last summer. We were greeted with a little French small talk that my wife thoroughly enjoyed. Service to our table was immediate an continuous. The waitress' and attendants were very professional and polite. The appetizer, dinner, drinks, and desert were delectable. The price was fair for an upscale experience. Very nice to have this place locally -- no need to travel all the way to DC for an exquisite Anniversary celebration. Highly recommend if you haven't been there. S'amuser

1  Thank Family425
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our first meal there but we went with friends who had eaten there once before. I ordered the special of mahi-mahi and lobster ravioli. The first bite was very salty and there were no other flavors coming through. Overall I thought it was bland. I think the accompaniment was some sort of cabbage that did not go well with the fish. My wife had the veal liver and enjoyed it very much. For desert I had the crepes with berries. I thought the filling was way too cold, as if the dish came right out of the fridge. Our friend was also disappointed with the apple tart, which did not look like a typical tart would. It was more of a slice of an apple mixture. The flat, low ceilings make for a noisy environment. Overall I think there are many other restaurants to choose from that are more appealing.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I wrote a great review of this restaurant in early Jan 2014 but Trip Advisor did not publish it. Don't know why. Have written other reviews that TA published, but not this one. I don't get it, so this is a review of TA not L'Hermitage. TA seems to be a waste of time because they have selective editing for what they seem to like or dislike and only they seem to know the rules. So I will not longer have any input to this website, nor will I ever use it again.

1  Thank j l
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Can't really explain, but I love this place. The food is excellent and the service is good. The owners are always there to greet you. Great bar. The ambiance is just perfect. I keep going back and I'm never disappointed.

1  Thank CrankierThanThou