“excellent food ,staff and atmosphere”
Review of Bistro L'Hermitage

Bistro L'Hermitage
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro L'Hermitage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 281 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Bridge Road
Manassas, Virginia
“excellent food ,staff and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I can't believe it took us this long to try Bistro l'Hermitage. We had a reservation for Friday night at 6:00. We did where jeans and nice shirts but I will say we felt a smidge underdressed. However we were not made to feel that way. The place is small and quaint yet very impressive with it's white table clothes and French music. They have a nice bar too if you just want bar service. I thought the staff was exceptional. They were very attentive and never too far from the table but gave us more than enough space to enjoy our leisure romantic dinner together. We started with the Caesar salad and asked them to split it (which they happily did) and also the scallops appetizer. Both were fantastic. Then I had the Tuna which I was informed was sushi grade and had it medium rare. It was fantastic! My husband had fish ( I can't remember which one ) and he loved it also. They do have sides you can order but was happy to see the entrees came with enough of sides included for my taste that you don't have to order sides. both our fish came on a bed of potatoes and spinach. We finished with coffee , champagne and the lemon tart. Really, just a fantastic little place that deserves to be in down town d.c somewhere but I'm happy it is just a hop skip and jump from our house. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank chetandbetsy

Vermont
“Enjoyed everything!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were looking for a fine dining experience while visiting the area and were not disappointed. Loved the Caesar salad with the grated egg and white anchovies atop crisp romaine leaves; the trout and Coquilles St. Jacques entrees were consumed enthusiastically, and I enjoyed the very tasty and LARGE lamb shank. Four of us shared a delicious lava cake and creme brûlée. I think every plate the waiter took away was entirely empty. I felt the wine list was good, but there weren't as many bottles prices under $60 as there were over, sometimes way over. When we found one that we liked, thanks to a great recommendation from our server, we were disappointed that we couldn't order a second bottle. But we got a different, equally fine wine. The service was skilled and well timed, and everyone was friendly and cheerful. I think it would be fun to sit at the bar , too. We would definitely recommend this to others. A big plus for us was that it was possible to enjoy conversation at the table - an altogether too rare treat at restaurants these days. Finally, I felt the prices were quite reasonable, although they were higher than those listed in the online menu.

1 Thank josjon
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
“Great food great service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Party of 6 8pm Saturday October 5 2013 food was great unfortunately had sold out of two menu items that one of our party requested. Service was excellent. The only issue is that the wine seemed over priced. Plan to return several more times this year.

1 Thank Harry W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of my favorites locally”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have eaten at most of the French restaurants in the DC metro area, and this one is close to the top as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't hurt that it is a 5 minute drive from my house and it doesn't hurt that it is in the charming village of Occoquan, and it doesn't hurt that you can actually have a conversation in this restaurant no matter how crowded. It has a lovely atmosphere. Then there are the prix fixe menus and I've never had anything that I didn't enjoy. We usually go here on holidays, or when guests are in town, or for special occasions, but sometimes, we just go. They also have a very nice wine list. If you haven't been here and you love French food, you are missing out.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank denisetheartist
Woodbridge
“Excellent food within a budget”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful birthday lunch with friends at Bistro L'Hermitage near the charming town of Occoquan. The cozy yet beautifully decorated restaurant allows for outdoor dining or inside the elegant restaurant where the ambiance makes customers feel as if they were in the Provence of France.
The service from the moment when we entered to when we left was outstanding, courteous and friendly. The food was excellent and was enjoyed by all my friends. My choice was a Shrimp/Israeli Couscous and Spinach plate with a lemon/wine sauce that was delicious. The Riesling was of a good quality and their wine list too. There is ample parking space. I highly recommend this restaurant to anybody who enjoys good food.

4 Thank WoodbridgeVisitor