“best of the Best Westerns”

Best Western Of Wise
Ranked #1 of 2 Wise B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“best of the Best Westerns”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

As a business traveler, I live in hotels at least 46 weeks of the year. Can't wait to get back in the Wise VA area so I can stay here. Clean. Well-maintained. New plush bedding. New flat screen TVs. This room has a hot tub. Staff is friendly and bends over backwards to help in every way. I get to be back here in Sept. and can't wait! American owned and operated. If you are in the Wise VA area, you can't beat this hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
karenp8
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I would reconsider staying at the Best Western of Wise. The website portrayed a lovely hotel, with very reasonable accomodations. Upon arrival, my coworker and myself were left wanting.

The lobby smelled like BO (body odor). I booked two rooms on-line throught the hotel website. When we checked in, the hotel only had one reservation. When I produced my confirmation print out, the receptionist was nice enough, but failed to even apologize for the mistake. My coworker was given a room on the third floor, designated non-smoking. The room smelled overwhelmingly as if a smoker had stayed there. When I informed the front desk, I did so for two reasons - (1) so that I wouldn't be charged for smoking in the room, and (2) to see if there was anyway my coworker could get a new room. The receptionist did not seem concered that the room smelled like smoke, and could only offer my coworker a fan to find relief from the odor.

I went down to the "fitness center" to get a quick jog before heading out to dinner. "Fitness center" is a JOKE. There were two old treadmills and two stationary bikes. Neither of the treadmills were in operating condition. I even checked the power source and made sure the power switches were turned on - no dice. As for the stationary bikes - on one, the seat was way too wobboly to do any biking, and the second one - the seat was actually NOT attached to the rest of the apparatus.

Also, this is somewhat trivial, but the hotel does offer flat screen LCD televisions in the rooms - don't be mislead by this fact either - there ARE LCD televisions in each room...but with regular analog programming, the picture is far less superior than a regular tube television. If the hotel offered digital programming, this might be something to brag about.

I am aware that Wise has a limited selection of accomodations, and I am not a particurally picky traveler. I travel frequently for business, and I chose the Best Western of Wise because of the portrayal on the website - clean, modern, with the amenities I was looking for. Best Wester of Wise, in my opinion, was not accurately represented by the hotel website.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank karenp8
virginia
Reviewed December 2, 2007

We went to tour UVA at Wise. There are only a handful of places to stay, which limits your options. The reviews seemed mixed, so we didn't know what to expect. Check-in went smoothly. We had a non-smoking room, which was accurate. We had a view of a mountain, which also came with a view of the McDonalds next door and their drive thru traffic. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a nice flat screen TV. It isn't a new hotel so there were a few ceiling tiles in the shower area that could have been replaced. The breakfast did not have any fruit, which I pointed out the the front desk clerk. She was very nice and promptly send a co-worker to get fruit. Bananas and apples were added. The price was very reasonable, we were pleased and would give this place an A and would stay here again. If your looking for a 5 star hotel, keep looking this isn't it. But we are an average family with an average budget and were pleased.

• Liked — Price, room was as expected.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank mylynx
Everywhere
Reviewed September 12, 2006

This is a typical Best Western. You get what you pay for.
Room was average, would have used a blanket on the bed instead of just a sheet and a comforter.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank trektravel
Delaware
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Nice, clean room. Friendly and ploite staff. My room featured a coffee maker, small microwave and refrigerator. The free continental breakfast had, on the day I was there, French toast, cereal, bagels, pastries/doughnuts, coffee/tea, juice. Great value.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank foodfiend20
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Courteous staff, but the bathroom smelled like a laundry hamper. Stale sweat....

Indoor heated pool looked nice, but someone forgot to turn the heat on so the water was a little too nippy to get in.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 15, 2004

The Best Western in Wise is a newish property in a good location right on U.S. 23 at a major intersection; 2 restaurants next to the place and 2 shopping centers across the road. Closest motel to UVa-Wise and to the courthouse. Ask for a room facing toward High Knob for the best views.

4 Thank radio71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wise
Holiday Inn Norton
#2 of 2 in Wise
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton

Been to Best Western Of Wise? Share your experiences!