“Best in area”

Ranked #1 of 2 Wise B&B and Inns
Richmond VA
“Best in area”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed elsewhere in area (Norton's Super-8) and this is much nicer. My room here overlooked the McDonald's drive-thru, not very inspiring, but views off to the mountains. Room was large, with typical amenities and an overly-large empty space, like maybe the room was designed for 2 beds but had only 1. I always ask for non-smoking rooms, but this whole place had the faint air of old cigarette smoke, either they can't get it out or haven't tried very hard. Breakfast was on the spare but adequate side, and as indicated, there's a McD's in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Might want to face away from the lights at the McDonald's.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hampton Roads, Va
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at BW Wise two times and both were a good value for the money. The location is close to the college, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is good. I have always found the front desk to be polite and helpfull. I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My son is going to be going to UVA Wise this fall so this is the closest hotel to campus and we thought we'd try this one first. I definitely don't need to go any further. The room and bathroom was immaculately clean. The thing that will really keep me coming back is that this is the first hotel I've stayed at (aside from being at a resort on vacation) that didn't have the typical nasty standard bed comforters. This hotel actually has duvets so the covers are all freshly washed. This was also the first time staying at any hotel where the linens smelled very fresh. I had a great night sleep in a very comfy bed. I will definitely be planning our future stays at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The service was good, clean for a hotel I guess. However when I woke up I would have a bite on my arm, legs, head, and hand! I have 4 or 5 bites on myself. I'm not quite sure what bit me but I suggest you inspect. I have to clean my clothes, shoes, and luggage to make sure I do not spread it in my home. This situation was completely avoidable!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank notavalible00
Milton, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Due to allergies my husband requires a non smoking room. The only non smoking room available was for a single night and we needed a room for two nights. The room was comfortable and very clean. Staff was super friendly. Wish we could have stayed the second night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel turned out to be much better than expected. This was my first time actually staying in Wise even though I had been in the area for business purposed a couple of times. I had actually stayed in Norton, VA on those previous trips.

I believe that this property has been recently renovated. I am not sure exactly how old the hotel is. But my room definitely had been repainted recently ( bathroom in particular). Also, the bedding was not very worn. I thought the quality of the bed was better than average--always a big plus or minus for me when I travel. When I travel, I desire a good night's rest.

The service at the hotel was good. Check-in and check-out was super fast. The front desk folks always were able to answer my questions. The breakfast area was very small. I did not eat the continental breakfast so I can't comment.

The location is okay--just off of Highway 23 and next to the McDonalds and Renos Steakhouse. Did not hear a lot of outside noise or traffic.

No real problems with anything in the room. I would say that the internet (free of charge) was a little slower than many places I have stayed. If you want to watch some online services like Netflix, you may have some issues with connection speed. Room was clean.

Decent TV's in the room if this is a concern for you. They did have several HD channels.

All in all, I had a pleasant stay at this Best Western. If I am ever in the Wise area again, I definitely would stay here if the price was okay. For this stay, I got a decent rate and was not disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wise
Holiday Inn Norton
#2 of 2 in Wise
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton

Been to Best Western Of Wise? Share your experiences!