“Will not stay there again!”

BEST WESTERN Of Wise
Ranked #1 of 2 Wise B&B and Inns
“Will not stay there again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The service was good, clean for a hotel I guess. However when I woke up I would have a bite on my arm, legs, head, and hand! I have 4 or 5 bites on myself. I'm not quite sure what bit me but I suggest you inspect. I have to clean my clothes, shoes, and luggage to make sure I do not spread it in my home. This situation was completely avoidable!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank notavalible00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Due to allergies my husband requires a non smoking room. The only non smoking room available was for a single night and we needed a room for two nights. The room was comfortable and very clean. Staff was super friendly. Wish we could have stayed the second night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel turned out to be much better than expected. This was my first time actually staying in Wise even though I had been in the area for business purposed a couple of times. I had actually stayed in Norton, VA on those previous trips.

I believe that this property has been recently renovated. I am not sure exactly how old the hotel is. But my room definitely had been repainted recently ( bathroom in particular). Also, the bedding was not very worn. I thought the quality of the bed was better than average--always a big plus or minus for me when I travel. When I travel, I desire a good night's rest.

The service at the hotel was good. Check-in and check-out was super fast. The front desk folks always were able to answer my questions. The breakfast area was very small. I did not eat the continental breakfast so I can't comment.

The location is okay--just off of Highway 23 and next to the McDonalds and Renos Steakhouse. Did not hear a lot of outside noise or traffic.

No real problems with anything in the room. I would say that the internet (free of charge) was a little slower than many places I have stayed. If you want to watch some online services like Netflix, you may have some issues with connection speed. Room was clean.

Decent TV's in the room if this is a concern for you. They did have several HD channels.

All in all, I had a pleasant stay at this Best Western. If I am ever in the Wise area again, I definitely would stay here if the price was okay. For this stay, I got a decent rate and was not disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed in the mountains in the fog/rain.......an oasis from driving....clean. Comfy. Friendly....pretty area with an unexpected experience. Would go back without anyhesitation. Breakfast area neat and clean. Well lit parking... Bed very comfy...good strong shower..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark C
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here when I needed to spend a night in the area for work because it is the only hotel in Wise (that I am aware of). The staff when I called to reserve a room and at check-in were friendly and quick.

The room was standard size for this type of hotel and clean though it could use a refreshing. The desk provided was very small - barely enough room to set up my laptop and mouse. There was only one wall outlet anywhere near the desk, which was also near the fridge, microwave, and a lamp. Since there was only one outlet, you could only have two of those three things plugged in at once. Add the fact that the desk is also there where someone would obviously want to plug in a laptop and possibly a charger, it made for a rather inconvenient dance of the power cords since each time I needed to plug something in I had to choose something else to unplug. At one point, the handle to the bathroom door fell off in my hands when I shut the door. These were the only issues I had with the room.

The breakfast was sufficient (waffle maker, yogurt, frozen sausage biscuits, cereals, doughnuts/bagels), but there was no fruit at all, which I found a little odd. The hotel also has a fitness room and an indoor pool, but I did not use either of these so I can't really comment.

All-in-all, it was fine for a one-night stay and I would definitely return next time I need to stay in Wise, but if I were staying for an extended period, I would probably try to find somewhere else nearby. Also, the rates for this hotel are a little too pricey for the quality that is provided.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a business trip and was booked into the hotel. Based on previous travel through the region, I didn't have high expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and the stay. The staff was very friendly and easily helped a business partner sign up for their rewards program. Quality sleep and stay. Great value for the money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Louisville KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Let me start off by saying Nick is the greatest! We were there for my Grandma's funeral and Nick took care of all the Relatives that came in. The pool is perfect for kids and big kids alike. Our room is always spotless and the breakfast bar is not bad for what you pay for the room. Plenty of parking and places to shop or eat nearb. The staff is the most caring staff I have seen in a while. When we come to this area to seemly family, I won't stay anywhere else.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Of Wise, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear KyTiger,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We consider dedicated and competent staff members our most valuable asset. Our staff was pleased that you acknowledged their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus of Wise the next time you are in Wise. We look forward to your return.

Quinn Bowling
Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wise
Holiday Inn Norton
#2 of 2 in Wise
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton

Been to BEST WESTERN Of Wise? Share your experiences!