“Clean and the Best Wise has to offer...”

Best Western Of Wise
Ranked #1 of 2 Wise B&B and Inns
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Clean and the Best Wise has to offer...”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Thinking of the Norton / Wise area for a nights stay? Best Western Wise is your #1 choice... Halls need a bit of help BUT, The Hotel is a great place. Rooms are BIG and Clean...
Don't think twice about picking this location.

Room Tip: Close to center for best WiFi
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Quinn B, General Manager at Best Western Of Wise, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Ray s,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 276-328-3500.

Quinn Bowling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Overall, a clean, comfortable room, although when we were in our room I always felt like I had to sneeze. I assume it’s due to whatever is used to clean the room or the laundry because I’m sensitive like that. The windows do not open, so we couldn’t get any fresh air. The showerhead was one that had different settings, which is nice, and we had plenty of towels. To be honest, aside from not being able to open the windows and have some fresh air, my biggest complaint was the pillows. They were small and flat. Sometimes when you walk into a hotel room and see all those pillows on your bed, there’s a choice of a couple firm and a couple fluffy ones. These ones were all on the fluffy/flat side. Since that’s a personal preference thing, most other people may not even notice that. The breakfast was typical free breakfast stuff (make-your-own waffles, cold cereals, oatmeal, bagels, pre-made French toast, assorted packaged pastries), and coffee. The staff was friendly and helpful. I’d stay there again. I agree with other people regarding the elevator. Each time we were in the elevator, there was a different smell, and it was never good, but I would never let that deter me from staying there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank granolagirl23
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Our room was large, clean, no foul odors, staff very nice, bed very comfortable with 3 pillows and I liked the crisp white top sheet and duvet instead of standard dark comforter (never quite know what might be on those paisley etc. comforters....I can't get them off the bed fast enough). Room TV was flat screen but not great reception. Fitness center was being painted and out of service, pool looked nice, continental breakfast was just OK, very basic offerings but was clean and neat in a small room with 3 tables. Rate was a good value at $70 total and I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank goneagain2
saltville va
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This Best Western is nice. It's not fancy, so don't expect that. The beds were soft and fluffy and the pillows were real nice. The breakfast was good. The receptionists need to learn to smile and quickly ask someone standing there if they can help them. The kids enjoyed the pool, it was a little cool though. Overall, good place to stay, nicely priced and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
washington, dc
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Clean, gracious and welcoming. A tremendous bargain! Fitness center isn't much, but overall a very nice experience, particularly considering the cost!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2009

As a business traveler, I live in hotels at least 46 weeks of the year. Can't wait to get back in the Wise VA area so I can stay here. Clean. Well-maintained. New plush bedding. New flat screen TVs. This room has a hot tub. Staff is friendly and bends over backwards to help in every way. I get to be back here in Sept. and can't wait! American owned and operated. If you are in the Wise VA area, you can't beat this hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
karenp8
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I would reconsider staying at the Best Western of Wise. The website portrayed a lovely hotel, with very reasonable accomodations. Upon arrival, my coworker and myself were left wanting.

The lobby smelled like BO (body odor). I booked two rooms on-line throught the hotel website. When we checked in, the hotel only had one reservation. When I produced my confirmation print out, the receptionist was nice enough, but failed to even apologize for the mistake. My coworker was given a room on the third floor, designated non-smoking. The room smelled overwhelmingly as if a smoker had stayed there. When I informed the front desk, I did so for two reasons - (1) so that I wouldn't be charged for smoking in the room, and (2) to see if there was anyway my coworker could get a new room. The receptionist did not seem concered that the room smelled like smoke, and could only offer my coworker a fan to find relief from the odor.

I went down to the "fitness center" to get a quick jog before heading out to dinner. "Fitness center" is a JOKE. There were two old treadmills and two stationary bikes. Neither of the treadmills were in operating condition. I even checked the power source and made sure the power switches were turned on - no dice. As for the stationary bikes - on one, the seat was way too wobboly to do any biking, and the second one - the seat was actually NOT attached to the rest of the apparatus.

Also, this is somewhat trivial, but the hotel does offer flat screen LCD televisions in the rooms - don't be mislead by this fact either - there ARE LCD televisions in each room...but with regular analog programming, the picture is far less superior than a regular tube television. If the hotel offered digital programming, this might be something to brag about.

I am aware that Wise has a limited selection of accomodations, and I am not a particurally picky traveler. I travel frequently for business, and I chose the Best Western of Wise because of the portrayal on the website - clean, modern, with the amenities I was looking for. Best Wester of Wise, in my opinion, was not accurately represented by the hotel website.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank karenp8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wise
Holiday Inn Norton
#2 of 2 in Wise
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton

Been to Best Western Of Wise? Share your experiences!