“Wonderful, charming mountain retreat”
The Living Room in The Cabin at Wintergreen
The Dining Room in The Cabin at Wintergreen One of two Masters Bedrooms in The Cabin at Wintergreen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The Dining Room in The Cabin at Wintergreen
One of two Masters Bedrooms in The Cabin at Wintergreen
The Reading Nook in The Cabin at Wintergreen
Family room comes equipped w. 42 in. flat screen, vhs & dvd player, videos/books, wood burning stove
There is always something great cooking at Wintergreen!
Entertaining is fun and easy at our home.
One of 2 fireplaces. This room also has a game table & a queen sleep sofa. Comfort is a priority
Wintergreen has spectacular scenery and views!
Our deck provides yet another great area to entertain.
Hot tub parties at the cabin
We dine well at the cabin.
4th of July and the Resort fireworks displays are AMAZING !  Community gathers! Fun..
HIKING IN WINTERGREEN IS THE BEST!
The natural beauty is everywhere.
Crab Tree Falls, a short scenic ride from Wintergreen.
Hiking is everywhere in Wintergreen
The Blue Ridge mountains…..a peaceful mountain range.
Family enjoying the sights!  Wintergreen, our grandchildren's favorite place of all!
Old Appalachian Trail out the back door & George Washington State Park is right beyond that
Wintergreen has 5 pools but we love the large lake with the mountains & the golf course for scenery
Wintergreen team tug of war on our front property.   3 Swings are set among the trees.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TravelDiv...
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful, charming mountain retreat”
Reviewed February 20, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We spent a wonderful long weekend at the cabin at Wintergreen. It is in a beautiful location overlooking the mountains and the old Appalachian Trail. The sunset from the hot tub on the deck was glorious. We had 2 families there together, and there was plenty of room for 11 of us. The house is so charming and unique. It is a real log cabin, but with all the comforts of home. It has lots of homey touches and doesn't feel like a sterile McMansion like so many rentals do. The beds and furniture were very comfortable, the kitchen had all we needed, and the huge washer and dryer were very convenient. Thanks for a terrific vacation in a lovely home on a beautiful mountain!

Feb 20, 2017
You have described our home perfectly! So glad you and your guests had such a great experience! Come back any time.
Doug C
San Gimignano, Italy
“The most comfortable and inspiring cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains”
Reviewed December 28, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Hospitality issues from every furnishing, every room and every view of the mountains and woods. Property owner works hard to make every aspect of the stay comfortable and convenient. Wintergreen resort offers a set of amenities that are unsurpassed. This is one that shouldn't be missed.

Jan 5, 2017
And you and yours were such great renters. It was an honor to have Wintergreen Property Members from the Valley treat their larger family visitors to a great surprise when they came for Xmas week.......all were surprised that they were in fact staying on the mountain top at a home large enough for everyone in your group. What a treat! I am so pleased that all of your expectations were surpassed!
( It sometimes amazes me how people can feel so radically different about a certain subject, but I have learned that you just can't please everyone.) I, for one, was thrilled to lend you our home for this special Xmas and double thrilled that everyone in your group loved what i have so carefully designed !!!!!!!
Bobby C
“Cabin ok, but the owner cant be trusted”
Reviewed November 16, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin was nice but the person who owns this cabin cannot be trusted. I sent her a check for the full amount that included a $200 deposit that would be returned after our stay, so she said. I cant even reach the lady anymore.

Not only that, in the year 2016 who doesn't accept CC's. So it's first come first serve when you rent the place. if someone elses check gets there before yours does you are out of luck.

Thank God that didnt happen or she may have kept the full amoun

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Nov 26, 2016
I sent a letter today to apologize to the renter. I wanted him to know that I am a trustworthy person and was shocked to hear that his deposit was not sent. I checked 1st with my bookkeeper first to find our the last 3 returned deposits. This gentleman's check WAS NOT one of them sent back, and now I know that I was the one at fault. In a few months, I will be 70 years old. I have been managing my home for many years now and this has never happened. I am sure that my brain cells are not what they once were and I can see the possibility of HUMAN ERROR. In no way would I want to run off with the deposit check. It wouldn't get me very far for one, and #2, I am and have always been very trustworthy. Why would I want to keep the deposit. Doing so can ruin my rental business. It would make no sense. I am very sorry this occurred but it is presently being rectified and the check should be received within the week. In all my years, I've been late with the return deposit 2 times. On those occasions the renters called to ask about the issue, and I sent their deposits back right away, of course. I can't understand that I couldn't be reached. My cell phone is with me most of the time. My cell phone and email are posted on all my communications. I am here and I am not hiding. i feel horrible that this happened and I have apologized. It occurred at the same time that my computer was horribly hacked which locked down my computer, and also locked down my iCloud (which occurs in a very small percentage of people) but it totally shut me down. My cell phone was still working though and I should have been able to be reached. Now all passwords and my email have been changed, and once again all new is on my communications. The trauma of loosing years of documents is something that throws one for a loop. So human error, lack of A+ brain cells, or upheaval over my computer problems......whatever it was, I am sick about it and of course wished that this problem did not happen. I have asked that this stinging review be erased or changed. I sincerely hope that it will be gone and that the people affected understand that some times bad things happen, but they can be fixed. I sincerely ask for forgiveness..
CFitzfrom...
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“COULD be wonderful”
Reviewed July 9, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I have mixed feelings about this place. On the positive side: great location (we are hikers and a trail that leads to many others was right out the back door), owner was very gracious and accommodating, plenty of towels, two master bedrooms, fantastic large kitchen table with room for dinners together (we were 7 adults and two toddlers) and board games, new appliances, including second full refrigerator, washer and dryer. On the negative side: Railing on back deck was not up to code (toddlers could slip through easily) and was covered with chiggers (wood very old and rotting), the place is PACKED with extra stuff ("antiques") that gather dust, take up space and just plain clutter the place. We felt this could be a charming place if it were cleaner and at least 80% of the "stuff" was thrown out. Furniture was very old. Note that the "guest passes" really don't give you much. Entrance to one of the "lesser" pools. The lake mentioned is off the property about 45 minutes away and we only got a $4 discount ($70 entrance fee for our group and we only stayed there 2 hours). I would be happy to go back if I knew the place was cleaned out and the deck was rebuilt.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location and layout and plenty of bedrooms
Liked least: Cluttered, not terribly clean
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 26, 2016
Everyone is due their own opinion and some opinions are well to listen too. Whereas it is time to clear away some of the unnecessary accessories and perhaps toss away some of the silk plants.....the "old" furnishings are actually antiques........from France, England, Belgium, and the good old USA. The balance between those "stand out" pieces and the more contemporary or transitional ones, makes our home eclectic and most think interesting. That was the look I was going for.
I am not sure what happened with the lake and sandy beach. When presenting your guess passes, that facility is free to you and your group.
No one has ever mentioned this problem before. So sorry you were not handled well by the resort staff.
Gayatri P
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed June 6, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

It was memorable trip. We had nice time. My kids enjoy a lot specially my little one she is 10 months old. Cabin was nice. Just ready to stay. Just like a dram home. Thanks Bonnie to allow us to stay. If I'll plan to go again than, I just prefer this house.i love it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Nov 17, 2015
I am so pleased your enjoyed our home. Please come back with your family and as always there is so much to do and see in Wintergreen.
All the Best
Bonnie
JessicaAn...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent mountain cabin”
Reviewed October 14, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Went there with 11 girls for a bachelorette weekend! It was fantastic with the fireplace, hot tub and all the common living space. There were so many nooks and rooms that no one felt on top of each other. The house was truly a "Cabin in the Woods" and it had a very homey feel. I have Verizon and had phone access the entire time I was there, but no worries there is a land-line phone in case you need it. The house is close to wineries and breweries, hiking trails etc. Bonnie called us while we were there to make sure everything was alright and working ok which I thought was so sweet and thoughtful. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jan 10, 2015
I love that all 11 of you have wonderful memories.....of the party, and of our home. It seems to be known for the bonding that seems to always takes place. We have happily had years of those kind of memories. Gathered aroung that huge stone fireplace is the best ever. And I know we leave lots of wood so that you are always able to relax, feel cozy, and be totally comfortable. So happy that all were loving their experience.
All the Best
Bonnie
Charlotte...
Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Bachelorette Weekend”
Reviewed October 14, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

A large group of friends and cousins stayed here for a bachelorette weekend getaway. This place was great! very accommodating and cozy. Even though our weather wasn't the best, we didn't feel too bad about it because we got to enjoy the house even more. The hot tub was great as well. I would definitely recommend this cabin to anyone who is looking for a nice, relaxing getaway. If you are attached to your cell phone, then you may want to look elsewhere at AT&T does not get service, but I didn't mind getting away from it all for the weekend. GREAT PLACE, GREAT TIME!!

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing