“Excellent Resort for the novice as well as the experienced!”
Review of Wintergreen Resort

Wintergreen Resort
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our first time at Wintergreen as we were celebrating our tenth anniversary. We decided to book a condo as we enjoy a spacious accommodations to relax in verses a small type of room. Plus the condo was fully equipped with a full kitchen and utensils. Price point was great and we were not disappointed. The furnishings were well appointed but just a bit dated. The square footage of the unit made up for this as well as the large fire place. (Firewood was free and all you want to burn) PLUS the view of the mountains lulled us into that bliss we had hoped for.
Multiple restaurants to choose from on the property as well as shops and a local store for those needed items. We dinned at the Copper Kettle and Devils Grill, reservations are highly recommended. Both meals were excellent as was the service. From the Honey Lacquered Quail Breasts to the Lamb Rack in rosemary red wine demi. Friday evening upon arrival we went to the Edge for cocktails and bar food and was the perfect start to our anniversary celebrations. Good food, great band and pleasant staff.
Check in was extremely easy as was the information supplied by the check in staff. The Resort also has shuttle bus service to and from all their rentals, restaurants and facilities. Once on site you park your vehicle and leave the rest Wintergreen. This came in handy as after a few cocktails and dinner neither one of us would have wanted to drive on icy roads.
Our overall experience was great. I really don’t ski but my wife did and thoroughly enjoyed. Ski equipment rentals available for a reasonable fee. I add that they have a Snow Tubing area. OMG, I’m 55 and never had as much fun and laugh so hard. A must do and it’s not just for the children.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I took my 7 year old son to Wintergreen this week. It had been a number of years since I had been there and the first time with my child. We stayed in one of the studio rooms near the slopes. It was actually nicer than I expected...I bit undersold on their website in my opinion. We ate at The Edge restaurant and it was very good. The biggest issue we had was the ridgely ski program. First there is no online registration which is crazy during this day and time. Secondly, I had to call a least 5 times before I could get someone to answer. I had also left a message with no return call. Checkin for the school program was a cluster you know what. Proper forms were not available and his gear wasn't already in his locker as promised. I was also disappointed in the instruction itself. My son, who has taken lessons 2 other times in the past was put into a group with kids that had never skied before. Basically he stayed on a relatively flat surface while at his previous lesson at another ski resort he was skiing the greens and riding the lifts. So a waste of $100 in my mind. When the lessons were done I thought I could take him out to see what he had learned but they wanted to charge an additional $20 which is ridiculous. We decided to go tubing instead only to find out the park was closed even though all the paperwork I was given said it opened at 1. Overall the resort and restaurants are nice. The ski school is awful and needs a total overhaul.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friends and I went snow tubing. It was a little pricey but that was because it was a holiday (New Year's day; $25/person). We bought tickets ahead of time because it was booking up fast. The slopes were really fast and slick. They had to keep putting mats on the slopes to slow patrons down. Thankfully it didn't detract from the experience because there was enough speed and hills to begin with and they were concerned about patron safety.

We then ate at there restaurant the Edge. We had a bit of a wait but other than that the service/cleanliness was great. The waitress was really polite and filled up our glasses often and promptly. The food was great and fairly priced.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

we could not use some facilities because our friends did not pay up the 10k Justice demands to use them plus a yearly fee
how sad. we never had this before... dont go

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went to Wintergreen for the first time Labor Day weekend. Check in was quick and the staff nice. There weren't too many young kids activities, which the website boasted, so we just walked around taking in the vistas, which are really nice. We ate dinner the first night at the Edge a casual lodge/bar atmosphere. Food was good. Our lodging was through Wintergreen in a 1 bedroom condo. It had a musty smell and needed updating. After our daughter went to sleep, our problems started. Around 9p, we found a mouse trying to eat the food we brought with us. After we called the front desk, it took the staff approximately 20 mins to come. The did not have an exterminator available (understandable), so the moved us to a 3 bedroom condo. I'm glad they did, because we were not going to stay in that condo. It was hectic moving our sleeping 4 year old, but it worked out. The new condo was nice, but also needed updating. The next day we hiked and went to the pool. The pool water was cold, despite being indoor and stating it was 84deg. I believe the water was really in the high 70s. We had dinner at the Devils Grill. It is a nice restaurant with good food. The atmosphere is dressier that their other restaurants. Unfortunately, our night ended there by the staff giving my wife's special umbrella to another person. This was strange because the manager (Kristi Stroup) took the umbrella knowing it was my wife's, but when my wife asked for it back, Ms Stroup said she thought it was the resorts and gave it to someone else. I understand it is only an umbrella, but it was "the" umbrella that our 4 year old picked out "just for mommy". Ms Stroup then took our number and said she would call the other guests to find out if they had it. The next day she said she found it and would have it mailed to us. It NEVER arrived.

Needless to say we will NEVER go back to Wintergreen. It felt like a "has been" resort. Its hay day is long gone.

2  Thank mdpai79