“Great birthday”

Good for: Families with children
Strasburg, Virginia
“Great birthday”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Fun chefs, great food, wonderful time! Went with a group for a birthday celebration. The staff is friendly, the chef paid special attention to everyone at the table. Made for a fun evening :)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Waiters don't know jack!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I ordered incorrectly and instead of pointing out this might be too much for just 1 person, the waiter put in my double order. When I pointed out that he could have warned me he said he didn't know. I paid for the double order, but left him nothing as a learning experience. As I was paying the place filled with so much smoke I was almost sick. If tempura batter is not ice cold when fried it come out like beer batter, and this tempura was heavy. I sat at the sushi bar and they seemed very slow in making sushi for other guests.

• Visited October 2012
Winchester, Virginia
“Fabulous dinner and great entertainment”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It had been a while since I had been to Ichiban's and they do not disappoint! The food was melt in your mouth delicious and the Chef was wonderful! Definitely recommend a visit to anyone in the Winchester area wanting a complete, filling and absolutely delicious meal with entertainment!

• Visited August 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
“This restaurant put me in the hospital.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I had to go to Winchester Medical center with extreme abdominal pain after eating their shrimp and scallops. The pain started about a half hour after eatimg there, and got progressively worse overnight. They initially thought it was diverticulitis, but after a Ct scan, urine and blood tests they diagnosed it ad
severe food poisoning. I am not allergic to shellfish and I get it a lot. It cpuld have been the salad, but am not sure.

1 Thank booshkie1
Winchester, Virginia
“Worst service ever at a restaurant...”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

once upon a time at the Winchester Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse... (ok, spoiler alert, rant ahead!!!)... I took my 9 year old son Ryan out for a fun dinner, just the 2 of us, and he wanted Ichiban to watch them cook the food. We walked in and as we went to the table, an egg flew across the room (slight exaggeration) and broke on the floor at Ryan's feet... should have taken that as a sign and left!!! BUT, we stayed and ordered drinks and food. Ryan ordered the Japanese soda which has this cool way you activate it by pushing a marble down inside... part of the fun. It came out already done... no big deal... on to the food. Ryan ordered steak and I held up the menu and pointed to the Children's Steak so that Ryan would not complain about the kids portion. Ryan kept saying "steak and make it medium..." Anyone who knows Ryan knows he is outspoken and very clear! The waiter came back by and said "This?" and pointed to the Children's menu and I said yes. Cooking starts and the cook was horrible, dropping knives, breaking egg shells into the fried rice, etc. Then he scoops up the Kids Lobster and puts it into Ryan's plate. I ask Ryan if its OK and he says no (he does not like lobster), so I tell the cook that he got it wrong. He argues with me and continues cooking and even goes to the "shrimp toss!!!"I ask where the steak is and he says, "you did not order steak, so there is no steak for him." I go to the manager and he says he'll take care of it. The waiter comes over and begins arguing adamantly and aggressively... not a good thing to do at this point so I remind him that he is in the service industry and that he probably should not be with his attitude. I then tell him to get away from me, "just leave." So thankfully he does. The manager comes over and apologizes and says Ryan's steak is coming. It comes out OK, but all the while the other customer at the table are telling me and the manager that Ryan ordered steak, they all heard it at least 5 times (those that know Ryan will understand). Ryan eats some steak and then when the check comes, it has everything on it AND the lobster!!! At that point, I walked out. The owner and the waiter followed out as I expected and I laid into them and said I would pay them what they deserved for ruining my dinner,Ryan's dinner and my mood $0, in fact that they should pay me for not making a big scene inside... oh, and their screw up made me late picking up my other son from tennis!!!!

SO... for anyone in Winchester, Va, avoid Ichiban!!!!!!!!!!!! What a night!

• Visited June 2012