“Great food, great drinks, great prices!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cork Street Tavern

Cork Street Tavern
Ranked #33 of 285 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winchester, Virginia
“Great food, great drinks, great prices!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I cannot say enough about the dining experiences I have had here over the years. we decided to go again last night and their drink special was a chocolate martini. absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced in comparison to other local restaurants. I of course ordered the kickin' crab dip for appetizer and decided to have the turf and surf, 10 oz sirloin and Maryland crab cake. the steak was tender and cooked just right and the crab cake was as close to how my grandmother used to make them from any other place I have had them. the as an after dinner drink, I tried the Cork Street Coffee, Captain Morgan’s spiced rum, Bailey’s, Frangelico, coffee, and whipped cream and it was the perfect ending to what could not have been a more perfect meal.

• Visited January 2014

Winchester, Virginia, United States
“Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Never great but never bad. Decent food at slightly higher prices than it is worth. Wait staff is hit or miss; recent visit found a wonderful waitress. Burgers are huge. Fries and homemade chips are good. Be careful as to which entrance you go in--they have a smoking section which is completely separate from the nonsmoking section.

Clemmons, North Carolina
“Fun Place To Go For Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went there tonight for the first time--cozy place with very good food and service--Food was cooked to order as ordered and served hot--salad was cold and had not been setting out. As we were finishing, Santa and a group of elves came in from off of the street collecting for Big Brothers and Big Sisters--a fun time just to watch the faces of 2-3 children eating with their parents. Prices were fair--quality was good.

Stephens City, Virginia
“Stalwart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is another restaurant my husband and I have been frequenting for well over a decade. The Cork Street is a snapshot in time. When you walk in the door, the same hand painted banner giving hale to the almighty Redskins has been resolutely hanging all this time in search of the season when they will become a real team again. There are two parts to the restaurant the east and west end. At one time, the east end was for smoking customers only, now the establishment as a whole is non smoking. The west end features the bar, additional indoor customer seating, and the patio. The brick wall surrounding the outdoor eating area is tall enough that a person walking along the street of average height up to 6-1" is unable to look over to spy on your meal. As to the food, the prices have not gone up much from our first visit in 2001. Then we got out for around $18.00 (sandwiches and sodas only) to today 2013 around $23.00. The plates are plentiful, but not the point of overflowing. Overall, the Cork Street Tavern is a very nice restaurant to venture in for lunch. The serving staff has always been nice, and if you have a problem with you seating, and tables are available, you can get up and move. (this is in reference to another poster who stated he had a bad time with his table when there were others around) The staff has always been accommodating for my husband and me when these situations arise.

Highland, California
“Very strange experience, but good food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was trying to choose between two and three for my rating, so will err on the safe side and give it a three. So, based on Trip Advisor rankings and the fact that we want to try local restaurants while we are in Winchester, we went to this restaurant. And I really think we got a local restaurant! Let me start by saying the food was VERY good. Now I will explain the rest. There were four of us, one child and three adults. Out of all of the empty tables, we were seated by a group of eleven very loud, cussing, 20 year olds or so - kind of like the young ins from Duck Dynasty I suppose. Every other word was a cuss word, they were extremely loud, just very awkward with a child. So it was time to order, I wanted to order soup and salad with the French onion soup, but you could only have the chicken and rice soup with the salad. Okay, I order the Reubon and it says you get fries, chips, or cup of soup. I asked if I could get the French onion soup, nope because that is a SPECIALTY soup. Interesting, but okay. So, I went with the chips. The food came in a timely manner and the food was really good. For the price you can't beat it. But, we couldn't talk and we kept trying to cover up our daughter's ears with the cuss words. My only guess is the group was a bunch of local kids, friends with the waitresses, and that's why they were never told to keep it down. Would I go again, probably not. ESPECIALLY with children. Food was good for the price, we got a chance to eat at a local tavern, and now we know. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013