“Been here A LOT”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Go here a lot for business. Great bar for pre dinner conversation. Nice rooms for eating in a big group or smaller ones for intimate setting. The food is good and the service is always reliable. This is a very predictable solid choice.

There are newer reviews for Village Square Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Walking into this nice, old building in the center of the histroic district, my expectations were, admittedly, a little high. The appetizers only helped to increase my hopes for the meal. While the Venison was passable, the duck was nearly inedible as the skin, which should be crisped, was soggy and soft. The sides were skimpy and the dessert presented a baked apple in a crisp shell with a cold, uncooked center.
The worst part of the experience was when I pointed out the deficiency in the duck, which any chef would recognize, the waitress told me "Oh, we are always experimenting with our menu, so I appreciate your input."
Experiment with the help or family members lady, not with paying customers. The Pianoi bar seemed nice and worth setting up for a drink or two, but AVOID this restaurant, plenty to choose from on Loudon Street and the histroic district that are far better.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my second time at this restaurant. Very nice ambiance. Friendly service. This time I had the short rib special which was really excellent with a rich savory sweet sauce that had me wanting to lick my plate! The crab cake appetizer was good but not the best I've ever had. Our desserts were ho hum. Next time I will ask for our server’s opinion on dessert because she was spot on about everything else.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went for a business dinner. Great atmosphere, smiling and attentive service, and the food was awesome. Five Star Quality restaurant! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

While visiting relatives in Winchester, our circumstances led us to eat both Sunday brunch and Sunday evening dinner at the Village Square, which is located in the old town of Winchester. Both times we found the food and wine choices exceptional along with the service. Brunch is well priced for 3 courses with multiple choices in each category. We had both a fabulous etouffee and eggs Florentine as entrees. Dinner had a much expanded menu, and each of the 4 entrees were delicious. A tomato caprese salad with homemade fresh mozzerell a and balsamic vinegar was a wonderful appetizer. Desserts were also homemade and delicious. Their wine list included a French 1re cru meursaults along with very nice local wines. Service was nicely paced, not hurried and servers were knowledgeable. There is a cozy looking wine bar attached which we did not expereience. We will look forward to returning!