“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Lee-Jackson Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2006

The room was supposed to be non-smokimg and smelt awful, there were stains on the mattresses and carpets, the lamp shades had holes in them. The front desk staff was extremely rude. With all the motels in Winchester, do not stay here, I would never go back there again. It was an awful experience.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Girard, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

This was a great place to stay for the weekend. The price, especially for AAA members, was great! The rooms were clean and included a nice size refridgerator, a microwave, and a (small) coffee pot. Also included are an iron and ironing board, as well as a hair dryer. The only bad thing was the non-waterproof shower curtain, which made the ceremic tile in the bathroom wet and slippery! Had to coax the A/C into cooling the room, but once it started, it worked great!

• Stayed May 2006
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Amber12478
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2004

My boyfriend and I spent our Valentines Day weekend at this hotel in Winchester. I could not imagine a better time, place, and area to spend this special weekend but at the Best Western in Winchester. It was in a great location, right next to the highway but still quiet, close to Apple Blossom Mall but not crowded, and spacious. Although the room was not what most would consider "fancy", it was nicely decorated, very comfortable, and had a lot of amenities that we enjoyed. The staff was very nice, Perkins was wonderful and the prices were reasonable. I would highly siggest this hotel to anyone who is looking for a get away.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2003

It was a pleasant stay at this Best Western, was a plus finding a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Clean and quiet, air conditioner worked great!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2003

The room was wonderful. Clean and fully stocked with linens. The parking was wonderful. I would definetly recommend the hotel again.
They must have taken notice of the comments from other guest. PERKINS is connected to the hotel and if they could stay open later it would have been nice.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2002

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Lee-Jackson Motor Inn on August 17, 2002. We chose it for its location and its 3-star rating from AAA.
We found our rooms with very stained and dirty carpet, the A/C in one room was ice cold despite a low setting, and the other room very warm despite the high setting. We were unable to turn off the trickling water in the bathtub. The TV remote did not work, and although a call to the front desk helped us reprogram the remote; it did not work to change channels or volume, but the mute button worked. In the morning, in one room, the bathroom light kept going on and off while the shower was running, and in the other room, the shower did not drain. There was no coffee provided in one room, and there were no "free newspapers" available as advertised.
I travel extensively for business, and this is one hotel I will avoid in the future!!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2002

On the 28th of Mar after a long tiring drive from Arkansas and North Carolina we checked into your hotel after being denied our room due to late check-in (their fault)at another hotel. We then were gladly accepted, even without reservation, to your hotel figuring that Best Western was a very good hotel. Our check-in time was around 9 pm on the 28th. Given the assigned room we unloaded our car and proceeded to the room. Upon entering the room the latch on the door wouldn't allow the door to close thus we used the card to close it, confusing I know but it worked. We were devastated upon seeing the room, it was utterly filthy!!!!!!!!!!. We were so tired though that we looked beyond that and just wanted to get some sleep before our drive on to Pennsylvania. Another surprise came when we turned down the covers of the beds only to find that they too were dirty!!. What we then done was to take some of our personal belongings and spread them out over the sheets and layed on them. I know we should've immediately summonded the manager, however, we didn't want to be shuffled again to another room or maybe wait for ours to be cleaned. All in all though, I "expected" more from Best Western, it was a gvery terrible stay that should I ever pass through your city again, I'll know where "NOT" to stay. Unfortunately my sister paid for the room on her credit card and I have no idea what the charge was, but, I feel as though you should adjust the price accordingly. Yes again I know, we should've contacted the manager, but all we wanted to do was sleep and rest for our long drive the next day. The room was registered under the name of; Eileen Dineley-Baatz, again on the 28th of March at approximately 9 pm, I think the room number was 402. I'd be anxious to hear from you regarding this stay!!. Sandra Isherwood

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member