“Annual Travels”

Best Western Lee-Jackson Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Winchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Stamford
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at this Best Western location and I have to say the worst experience I had with them. Our room was not cleaned 2 days in a row out of the 4 days we were there. When I went to the front desk to retrieve clean towels for showering the attendant behind the desk said we had the do not disturb sign on the door, which in fact is not true because I myself hung the Maid Please Clean sign up when we were leaving.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

donald v, Owner at Best Western Lee-Jackson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Please accept my apology for your not being happy with our rooms. WE do hope you will try us again in the future.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed at this BW several times before but were very disappointed with this visit.
We had no hot water after one shower and the sink plunger wouldn't let water out of
the sink so I had to crawl under the sink to raise the plunger. Just lack of "attention to the details"
someone should be checking these items out every time someone checks out. Perkins is there and turned out to be an excellant dinner stop. You have to ask for wine, though.

Room Tip: I think all of the King rooms are in the back far away from the front desk. Ask if you want one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for six consecutive nights. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the environment quiet. Having a Perkins on site was great. I particularly enjoyed their breakfast offerings (with a $2.50 off coupon). Lots of other restaurants in the area if Perkins does not suit. Easy on/off from Interstate 81. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The rooms are very smelly, noisy...the carpets are in dire need of cleaning. We were given gray towels, which I assume were at one point, years ago, white. The doors are downright filthy, just felt unclean to us. (we stayed in 2 adjoining rooms) I have to say, that the stay was pretty cheap and the breakfast was very good at Perkins, but I like a quiet, CLEAN room, with a comfortable bed and I would never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ontario Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our family had an unfortunate stay at the Best Western Lee Jackson on October 13, 2012 on our trip home from Myrtle Beach. We reserved quite far in advance and had requested non smoking, adjoining rooms. They promised non-smoking and said they would try to give us adjoining. When we checked in, the woman at the front desk thought the rooms we were given were adjoining but she wasn't certain, which seemed a little odd to us. They weren't adjoining. Oh well, we'd make the best of it! So my husband stayed in one room with two kids and I stayed in the other with two kids. Both rooms were spacious. My room was clean, his room had blobs of rice on the carpet. My room, however, had an old smokey smell too it as though it had been a smoking room and was converted but not properly. That was the first disappointment. Then, I turned on the TV and the remote control barely worked. Not a big deal, I called the front desk and they assured me they'd be up in a minute. This was at 9:45pm. At 11:30pm nobody had come or called. I went to sleep. The pillows are tiny. I've never seen such small pillows in my life! I think this might have led to the stiff neck I woke with. Top off the stay with a coffee maker in the room that didn't work. When I called the front desk, nobody could bring me a new one because there was only one person on staff. The Perkins on site was excellent! Great with our kids and food was a nice change from the unfortunate night we'd had.

This hotel is close to the highway, rooms are large, have microwaves, small fridges and coffee makers, all of which may or may not work and you might not want to expect they will get fixed or replaced.

We paid with Air Miles so we cannot comment on the price and value. I do know that there is an Aloft down the street and if we ever need to stay in Winchester Virginia again we will most definitely be staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family