“Accommodating Staff and Great Time. :)”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel, clean rooms, convenient location to restaurants and shopping. Right next to the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, which was a lot of fun. The fact that they accept dogs is really nice even though we didn't have a pooch with us. The breakfast in the morning was a little crowded but nice overall. One of the hostesses even made me my own bowl of oatmeal because they had run out. The gym was quiet and clean, no free weights, but there were cardio machines and mats to do floor exercises.

Overall it was a great value for the money. Convenient to the highway, convenient to food and shopping, nice staff, good parking. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twentyseconds
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this survey. We appreciate your feedback and certainly hope you will stay with us again should your travels return you to our area.

Have a wonderful Spring and Summer!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were there for only one night. All the front desk people and all employees were excellent, the building and grounds are very clean. We stayed in one of the Jacuzzi rooms. I wish the Jacuzzi was big enough for two, but it was OK the wife and I took turns. The breakfast was OK, the room ebbs and flows so just drink coffee in the lobby for five min if there are too many people, then it will clear out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you too for acknowledging my staff. They are truly the best and I am blessed to have them.

We hope you will return should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great place to sleep the night, but wish the comfort continued to the next morning. 3 days in a row that we stayed there, the individual manning the breakfast room has said that they have not seen that many people before. The food was mainly empty, we had to ask for stuff along with other guests from plates to food to even coffee. If the hotel knows how many people are staying the nigh before, why would they not prepare and have enough people (more than 1) to refill food,wash dishes, etc. It blows my mind. I bet every morning, the person will say same thing that they have not seen that many people so that they do not put enough food out. Seeing it 3 days in a row makes me think so. The hotel however is clean and comfortable to stay. Choose a room on the front side of the hotel as the back side is the highway and the fan noise.

Room Tip: Room on front side of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am a bit preplexed about the breakfast because I had assistance for that room each day in addition to the regular attendant. She is new to our team so she perhaps has not had that many people in breakfast before since we are just starting our busy season however they hotel has seen many sold out nights and will see many in our upcoming season. Depending on the time you entered the breakfast room things may have been moving towards closing however they are to make food even if someone walks in at the last minute so I will certainly address this with them.

Thank you again for your feedback and Happy Spring!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times and always take advantage of the "Dinner and a movie package". The Alamo Draft house is right across the parking lot and the hotel offers an awesome deal with a one night stay, movie tickets and money towards your dinner. You can't beat it! The hotel staff is always very friendly. The hotel is extremely clean and in a great location. Breakfast is also very good with hot and cold options and it is also included in your stay. We have told many of our friends about this hotel and package and they also have loved everything about it. I highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the Dinner & A Movie Package! It is an awesome package and great fun! We hope you will return for many more "Date Nights"!!

Kind regards!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites through Living Social and really did not know what to expect. We were very surprised and pleased by our stay. The excellent location (next to the Alamo Theater), coupled with the clean and reasonably spacious room with very comfortable beds, plus the extremely friendly staff, made this a real find. Upon arrival and throughout our trip, the front desk manager, Terri, treated us like family, and helped us navigate the charming town of Winchester. To be sure, the hotel is not the equivalent of a Marriott or Hilton, but it is a very well managed property and for the price a great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Living Social Package and that we were able to meet and/or exceed your expectations. Terry is a gem, as is my entire staff. I am blessed to have them. It is a true team here and we want our guests to have the best possible experience while staying with us.

We hope you will return again in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Everything about this Country Inn & Suites is excellent - from the staff, the nicely appointed rooms, to the delicious hot breakfast. We'll always stay at this location when we travel to Winchester in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GininNC
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and even more so that you will be back. We love our repeat customers!! Until then have a very Happy Spring!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at several Country Inn & Suites locations as they are my preferred hotel brand and being a Club Carlson member has some nice perks. I only stayed here one night, on a Monday, so here are the positives and negatives based on that stay:

Positives:
1. Location - several restaurants for all budgets within walking distance, movie theater with food service to your seat is next door, and a gas station is also adjacent.
2. Service - Check-in/out staff were very friendly and called my room, after I had a few minutes to check it out, to see if everything was okay. Also, the breakfast room employee greeted everyone and took great care in overseeing that everyone got what they needed.
3. Room - (specifically #226 - a suite on the second floor) Quiet, very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, exactly what I'd expect from a CIS hotel.

Neutral: could be a positive or negative for you
1. My room was directly over the breakfast preparation area so the room smelled like breakfast foods in the morning. To me this is a positive, it's my favorite meal of the day.

Negatives:
1. I'm kind of stretching on this one but it could bother some people. The padded, fitted bed sheet between the mattress and fitted bed sheet had a couple hairs on it. It's not a deal breaker for me since I am not directly sleeping on that sheet. It's just something I check after picking up the habit from watching Hotel Impossible.

Overall: I would definitely stay here again. I had a really good night's sleep, which I highly value.

Room Tip: Second floor, facing out toward the parking lot. Room #226 specifically, which is a suite with a se...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I can tell by your response that you but much thought into it and that is greatly appreciated. I really appreciate hearing both the good and not so good as that is the only way we can get better.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.