Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Everything about this Country Inn & Suites is excellent - from the staff, the nicely appointed rooms, to the delicious hot breakfast. We'll always stay at this location when we travel to Winchester in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GininNC
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and even more so that you will be back. We love our repeat customers!! Until then have a very Happy Spring!

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at several Country Inn & Suites locations as they are my preferred hotel brand and being a Club Carlson member has some nice perks. I only stayed here one night, on a Monday, so here are the positives and negatives based on that stay:

Positives:
1. Location - several restaurants for all budgets within walking distance, movie theater with food service to your seat is next door, and a gas station is also adjacent.
2. Service - Check-in/out staff were very friendly and called my room, after I had a few minutes to check it out, to see if everything was okay. Also, the breakfast room employee greeted everyone and took great care in overseeing that everyone got what they needed.
3. Room - (specifically #226 - a suite on the second floor) Quiet, very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, exactly what I'd expect from a CIS hotel.

Neutral: could be a positive or negative for you
1. My room was directly over the breakfast preparation area so the room smelled like breakfast foods in the morning. To me this is a positive, it's my favorite meal of the day.

Negatives:
1. I'm kind of stretching on this one but it could bother some people. The padded, fitted bed sheet between the mattress and fitted bed sheet had a couple hairs on it. It's not a deal breaker for me since I am not directly sleeping on that sheet. It's just something I check after picking up the habit from watching Hotel Impossible.

Overall: I would definitely stay here again. I had a really good night's sleep, which I highly value.

Room Tip: Second floor, facing out toward the parking lot. Room #226 specifically, which is a suite with a se...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I can tell by your response that you but much thought into it and that is greatly appreciated. I really appreciate hearing both the good and not so good as that is the only way we can get better.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We checked into a quaint country setting. They could not accommodate our front facing queen bed room request (based on other reviewers suggestion) so we took the room provided. Front desk was nice enough to call to see if we were happy with the room. It was a long day with a 9:30 pm checkin and the room seemed ok. There was a stain on rug but room served the purpose with a decent size bath. The refrig was standing free style in the entrance with a microwave right on top. When opening the micro door the whole micro was moved forward because it was so light and standing freestyle right on top of the refrig. Breakfast was just ok- nothing special- we stayed in 3 hotels over 3 nights during VA trip and this was the least appealing. Also I personally prefer paper products rather than the clunky plates and utensils that may need better sanitizing but that is a personal preference. The owner walked around greeting people which added to the homey country feeling. Housecleaning staff knocked on our door at almost 9:00 a.m. which probably should not have happened. We were running behind to check out and at 12:00 we rec'd a call that we were due to checkout and did we wanted to stay another night. We requested a checkout at 12:30 which they accommodated and we were out before 12:20. When we left there was no one in the lobby or halls and only 2 cars in the parking lot so I wondered why they did not just offer a delayed checkout instead of asking if we planned to stay another night which made you feel rushed more so than accommodated and they did not appear to be waiting on the room. In our rush to checkout, we left a coat behind and when calling the front desk they had the coat and agreed to ship it back to us which was a relief and accommodating. So again mixed reviews- the front desk service was the highpoint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all input that will help us to do better in the future. We do hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to our area.

Marmora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first time on Jan.30. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a second floor room that had 2 queen sized beds. Very clean and comfortable. The room was very quiet and restful. In the morning we enjoyed a great breakfast with plenty of options (hot & cold).
We would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled we were able to meet your expectations and more so that you will be returning should your travels bring you back to our area.

Ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Checked into my suite with my dogs... Nicest dog friendly hotel. The room was super clean ,no dog smell, place to walk dogs, great room good beds clean. Five star especially when traveling with pups... Five star

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Margienina
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am always thrilled to hear when the hotel and staff met or exceeded expectations. That is what we thrive for. We hope you will return and stay with us again should your travels return you to our area.

Pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very nice people T front desk, but I killed over 25 bugs in my room. Since hotel was full they couldn't move me, but they came and swept room to no avail. They did give me a free visit, but I felt bugs on me for days afterwards. They said it was only rooms in back and on 3rd floor. We were.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rearrooms and especially the third floor. If unlucky, cover heating vents. I thi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JaneDoePa
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that you had such a terrible time with the Stink Bugs at our hotel. This area overall is a haven for them and with no known preditors or sprays etc that will kill them they are very hard to manage. The sudden changes in the weather seems to have made it worse. Again, I am so sorry you had to deal with this during your stay.

Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Made a last minute reservation for a holiday travel. Just needed a one night stay. Clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. Breakfast was good, not great, but all in all pleased with stay and would choose this location again when traveling in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels return you to our area.