“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay at Country Inn in Winchester, VA. It was great to have an Inn with no smoking what so ever.. The room was nice and clean and we even used the pool and spa. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate hearing what our guests have to say and it helps us see not only what we are doing well, but also where we need to work a little harder.

We hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Have a wonderful Fall season!

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Henryville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped over here with reservations but the check in process was very long and the staff cool and unwelcoming - we must have got them after a bed evening but nevertheless we did not feel very welcomed.

The room was ok and the beds comfortable although the air conditioning we could never get quite right so we froze or cooked in alternate periods. In any case we had to be up early and out on the road.

It was not an overly impressive stay one way or the other

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn we were not able to exceed your expections which is our norm. I hope that perhaps you will give us another opportunity should your travels return you to the area. In the meantime, blessings for a wonderful Fall.

herndon,va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, but some other brands of hotels in same price range have nicer hotels. Pool and hot tub sides could use some extra cleaning, not bright white like they should be. Radio/clock did not work, but no biggie. Staff friendly. Breakfast was a bonus. Hotel is very close to several places to eat, and several highways. Downtown Winchester was some 4 miles away. Enjoyed nearby Museum of the Shenandoah Valley (close to downtown Winchester). Nice Patsy Cline exhibit and more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It looks as if we have a few things we could work on (although the pool is discolored due to the chemicals so not a lot that can be done there). Thank you for bringing the others to my attention.

We hope you will visit us again should your travels return you to our area.

north west england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I like Country inns. I like the seats outside on the “front porch” even though, as here, there’s no rural idyll vista to look at, just a Shell filling station and the car park of an Outback Steakhouse. I like the lobby area, fitted out with a sofa and chairs, reminiscent of granny’s front room. I like that there’s proper crockery and cutlery in the breakfast area, rather than the plastic throw-away items you get in most hotels. Yes, I know it’s all marketing style but, for me, it works and it distinguishes the chain from others. This was, I think, hotel no. 10 of our trip and, yes, you do realise that, in most matters, one hotel is pretty much like the others.

So, as to matters in Winchester, the hotel is a shortish drive from downtown, just off the interstate and along the inevitable road from town where you’ll find the car dealers and the fast food outlets. Room was clean and well equipped with things like a microwave and fridge. Beds were very comfortable with a firm and supportive mattress. In spite of the relative proximity to busy roads, there’s no intrusive noise. The inclusive breakfast was not bad at all – the usual juices, breads and pastries as well as some hot items – scrambled egg (more of the chopped omelette sort than proper scrambled), a waffle maker, etc.

All round good stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that it met your needs and you enjoyed your time here.

Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to our area. We will look forward to your return.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago on our way to NY, and we were very pleased with the accommodation. The check-in woman was most helpful, and everything seemed clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the fact that, at breakfast, we didn't have to eat off plastic plates with plastic utensils or drink our coffee out of plastic cups (a real pet peeve of mine). Two restaurants are within easy walking distance of the motel, so we didn't have to get back in the car and drive somewhere to eat--a plus in my opinion. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you and your friend found everything to be satisfactory with your stay. Our location is wonderful for weary travelers who dont wish to get back in the car.

I hope you will continue to stay with us should your travels return you to the area.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This property was all I could hope for. I am one of those people who actually fear hotels. I normally do not look forward to out-of-town trips where I will be forced to stay in a hotel and this trip was no different in that respect. However, I had read all of the great reviews and I was hopeful that the property would live up to all of the hype it was being given...and it did. The front desk staff was great, even taking the time to remember that we were there for a wedding and asking us about it the next day, the room was remarkably clean, the housekeepers went over-and-beyond to make sure everything was the way it should be and the breakfast was just what one would need to get their day started. The wonderful lady taking care of us at breakfast loved her job and it was appararent to her customers. So, for this hotel to win over a person with a long-time phobia of hotels, is saying a lot. If and when we are ever back in this area, this will be the hotel of choice for us. Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot tell you how happy I am that we were able to meet and exceed all your expectations and ease your phobia of hotels. I say all the time that I am blessed to have the staff that I do. They are wonderful, caring, hard working people and some of them have been here since the hotel opened. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

We hope your travels bring you back to the area at some point and we get to see you again.

Until then,

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

As my last visit to this location was a disaster (see July 2011 review), I chose to return to
"the scene of the crime" on 8/31 to see if anything had changed. I must say that my faith has been restored in this property. No issues at check-in. The room was in perfect condition. Bedding and bath were appointed properly. WiFi was easy to access. Breakfast had the eggs, sausage & home fries in addition to the waffles. Check-out was a breeze. The staff as always has been welcoming and accomodating.
I believe in second chances and this place has earned it. If given the opportunity, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for giving us a second chance. I too believe in them and I am thrilled we were able to rise to the occassion and make your stay so enjoyable.

We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Until then,