“Wonderful Weekend”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Could not have asked for more. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Room was just what I requested: quiet, away from the ice machine, away from loud groups, away from the elevator. Breakfast was more than sufficient. Plenty of tea selections to satisfy me :) Indoor pool temperature was just how I like it to get a good water aerobics work out. The hot tub allowed me to relax. Excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are a member, call the desk directly. This way, you will get the points.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to learn we were able to make your stay here "wonderful"! That is always our goal and my staff works hard to make sure we can provide all of our guests a memorable, great experience.

We will look forward to having you with us again should your travels bring you back to our area!

Until then,

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We picked this hotel for an over night stay on our way to New York. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and breakfast the next morning was very good. We arrived late after traveling and was promptly checked in and off to our room. The beds are very comfortable, the room was very clean and the bathroom was well stocked. The breakfast buffet the next morning was fresh and hot. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this property. The location is a little hard to find off Hwy 81, but our GPS got us right to the hotel. Lots of dining options close by if you are in the area for a meal.

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator and didn't have any noise from the elevator or the hall
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you found us and we were able to exceed your expectations. We will look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A gem amongst hotels, from the very friendly and welcoming staff to the always superb accomodations. A non-quibble pet policy allows me to bring my two dogs for an extra $20 each. And the Carrabas in the same commons is one of their best and will extend to you a free hors d'oevres just for saying you are staying at the Country Inn. Or if you're looking for something really unique and different for dinner, Winchester's promenade in the heart of the old city is a ten minute drive and has some great non-chain restaurants. On your way out next day, don't miss their free breakfast set up, beautifully layed out by a gal who takes pride in her work.

Room Tip: I've stayed there several times and never got a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that we were able to meet the needs of you and your pets. We love pets here! And as for my staff - they are wonderful. I am blessed to have such a hard working, caring team.

We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have always been pleased with the CI&S experience and Saturday night after a long day of travel was no exception . We stopped at the Carrabara's nearby to place a to go order prior to check in , then checked in and asked to leave the car in front as I was going back out to get the order. Not only was it not a problem but was given a coupon that was good on the order I had made. Wine is also available on site so for a quick stop where you do not want to be in a restaurant this was perfect. Plus cookies for desert. Jeremiah at the front desk was extremely helpful and obviously enjoyed making all guests welcome .

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Also very happy to hear you enjoyed Carrabba's Italian Grill and that Jeremiah was so helpful. My team are all hard working, caring people.

We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have a usual place we stay on trips up and down 81 but it was booked the last trip so we decided to try the Country Inn & Suites. Turns out it is another nice alternative on our travels. The staff is very pleasant and the hotel is relatively new and very clean. The rooms are larger than many equivalent rooms at other hotels. We were amazed at how quiet the rooms were as the hotel was full. We never heard another room or any noise in the hallway. Bathroom was spacious, clean and towels better than average. It is a pet friendly hotel which we generally shy away from but there were no issues. Our only complaint was the breakfast area was very small for the hotel when occupancy is high. There should be additional seating set up on such occasions, perhaps in the lobby. Other than that terrific stay.

Room Tip: Choose upper room to avoid pet noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that we were such a nice surprise and will now be another alernative for you on your North/South travels. I apologize - we are aware that on busy days our breakfast room is a bit tight. We hope to be able to expand that in the next few years.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will look forward to seeing you again on your future travels.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We love Country Inn & Suites and this has to be one of our favorites now to stop at on our way back to and from NY for visits. It's well maintained, clean, comfortable and staff was very friendly. No issues to speak of. The hotel was quite, not too close to the main highway. Room was a nice size, we try to get a room with the living room area with sofa since with have a toddler. All in all a good nights rest with comfy bed and pillows and no outside noise. Breakfast was stocked, even at 9:15am which is rare in most hotels. The simple fact that I was able to get oatmeal this late impressed me!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to admit, oatmeal is a plus for me too as you do not find it on hotel breakfasts very often.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is a perfect place to stay if you intend to drive through the Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park.
The staff is very helpful, the accommodation is comfortable and there are many complementary services available to customers.
One extra asset: the hotel is right in front a movie theater: just great after a day of hiking!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GREG_H_FR

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience while visiting the area. I hope you tour of the Skyline Drive was equally pleasing . We have had such beautiful weather these past few weeks. I hope you enjoyed the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema as well. It is such a unique experience.

We look forward to having you back with us!