“A scam in my opinion”

Courtyard Winchester Medical Center
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I prefer Courtyards. I will always stay at a Courtyard if available. Except here!
Oh its clean - its comfortable - its a nice place... if you like feeling scammed.

I thought every Courtyard had a restaurant - well, I was wrong. After looking forward to a glass of wine and some dinner at the hotel - after a long drive with little kids in tow - I get there just after 6 (to late to cancel) only to find there is no restaurant, and the bar is closed!

Did they say this on the web site - nope! No, they did not mislead me, but when your brand is built on a certain aspect - and your expectations are built on that - to find you found a Courtyard that has not yet "upgraded" according to the hostess - well - I felt scammed....

I would have canceled and gone down the road to the Holiday Inn if it had been just 30 minutes earlier... so, if your looking for a Courtyard - don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank William G
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Winchester Medical Center

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip. Had a suite, it was spacious. We asked and recieved a baby crib. It was clean overall. The only thing I didn't like was the coffee maker...But it really was a nice place, and omaybe return there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friendly greeting at check-in, very quick and professional. Room was decent sized, window was large and let in plenty of light, but the view was the a/c units for the hotel. Bed and pillows were comfortable. TV was old and oddly placed, but we didn't spend too much time watching it. Room was very quiet - didn't hear neighbors or hall traffic. Would have liked a refrigerator in the room and the landscaping leaves a lot to be desired. Small tub. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent Marriott guest so when traveling it was a logical choice. The hotel itself was clean and had the new lobby. The room was a typical courtyard room. The reason for the poor rating is due to a malfunction of the showers on my entire floor, and handling by the staff. The morning of my departure I turned on the water in the shower and had a trickle. I called downstairs and was told others on my floor had complained. So I was left with no choice but to wash up in the sink before hitting the road for a 6 hour drive. When I complained upon checkout I received an apology and no form of compensation for my room. It is convenient to I81 and the hospital but before booking check if showers on 5th floor are working or request lower floors.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TravelingPMP
Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of the better Courtyards I have stayed in as it is fairly new. Service in restaurant is wonderful. Food is decent and not overly pricey. Hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. Easy check-in and easy check-out..highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can only fault myself for not researching the area surrounding the hotel. The dinning options in the immediate area are extremely limited! Overall this hotel is clean, well maintained, and has excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

There are three immediate perks with this hotel. Perk #1,it's away from the busy I-81 corridor. This Courtyard is ideally located on the west side of Winchester at the intersection on U.S. Rt 50 and the route 37 bypass.If you need to travel I-81, it is 10 minutes away. Perk #2, It is also located a quarter mile from the outstanding Winchester Medical Center. Perk #3, if you are a patient or family of a patient, you are given a discount on your room rate.There is no restaurant in the building but several can be seen from the parking lot.The breakfast bar was very good. My only complaint, the sheer curtains in our room looked like somebody's pet cat had shredded them. This should never pass a room inspection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple