New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I must admit, this was not my first choice. I chose to stay at Courtyard by Marriott Winchester for its discounted price with Shenandoah University; however, I was thoroughly impressed. The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. I received a free breakfast coupon since I was interviewing with SU. The breakfast was really great. Everything was fresh, there was a good variety and the service was friendly. I recommend having breakfast here! I asked the staff to delay my check-out time for an hour and they were glad to do so. The room itself is very well kept and the room is overall welcoming and comfortable. I enjoyed the set up of the bathroom as well. The television is a bit outdated, but overall I really enjoyed my stay here. I did not use toe fitness center nor pool but I wish I would have!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Scott AFB, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for business for 3 nights. The hotel staff was VERY friendly. Their breakfast was great. There's a small gym (about 3 pieces of cardio equipment), an indoor pool, and washers/dryers. They even give you free laundry soap and dryer sheets. The hotel was nothing fancy or over the top but it was very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Floors 2 and 4 have a washer/dryer at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beautiful PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for a couple of weeks for business before moved to Hampton Inn.

The facility itself is fine as the hotel is relatively new. However, its staff are not professional and lack of hospitality. Every time when I checked in, front desk lay was at bar to chat with bartender. After seeing me waiting, she would take time to finish her conversation before coming back to front desk. No apology and no greeting.

As platinum elite member, I never received any recognition, or arrival gift. Breakfast costed $9.95 just like everyone else. Overall, staff are indifference, especially breakfast area.

One young gentleman at front desk is exceptional, who deliveries usual Marriott level services. That's why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Also towels are sometimes old with holes and dirty in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

In a location near the hospital and still looks brand new after 6 years. Easy to get on and off from I-81. Very friendly and helpful staff. Were told by staff that a restaurant was planned for next door in the future. No restaurant available except for breakfast which was extra. We were able to order in and it was delivered to the bar where we were having a drink after the stress of driving I-81 from PA. Would consider staying there again if traveling I-81.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good location, clean and new. Bed was comfy. Employees were friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Not sure when the property was built but it looks brand new. Although they don't offer the continental breakfast, they do service a full breakfast for a decent price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank beachy101
Boone, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visiting Winchester? Stay here, and stay clean and upscale for the area. We stayed here several times, the first being the third day they were open. The place was well laid out, and the rooms nicely sized and very clean. The man who greeted us and checked us in was quite the character and made us feel very welcome and genuinely glad we were there - well after all, I suppose he was since the place just opened and every employee likes job security. The rooms had windows that opened a crack which is paramount when I choose a hotel. Who are these companies that think we want to live in a petrie dish with no outside air every time we stay in a hotel? Give us that option at least....if you're building a new place and ready to put in windows, please make sure they open, the little gadgets that keep them from opening too wide to cover your liability issues are a small price to pay that I'm thinking won't put you overbudget.

Speaking of overbudget - Marriot can't afford fridges in the rooms? I'm perplexed by this for the price, let's get some cold storage folks.

Housekeeping needs to step it up a big on return visits we noticed a lack of cleanliness.....that's really a product of young gals not being taught how to clean properly at home, so they probably do the minimum at work for a not so stellar paycheck. That's why those little envelopes get filled rarely - but I'll always tip for a really clean room. The story about a hotel I stayed at with the pizza smear complete with 'cheese hanger-on' on the back of the office chair in the room will have to wait until another review - I'm gearing up for that one....

We did not eat anything on site so can't comment on the offering, but the coffee was good, and they had a nice selection of beverages in the lobby shop so one was not completely stuck with the poor water and soda/sweet things only choices at many spots. What's the matter with putting some perrier or pellegrino in a vending machine? Come on folks, it's 2013 already, travellers don't necessarily want sweet and bubbly at every turn! And if you use my idea....I get a cut or a few free cases a year, gotcha?

Room Tip: Always pick the top floor, that way the elephants won't be checking in around 2 a.m. bungling ar...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PastaWench
Philadelphia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The rooms were clean and ample. The price was very good. The only complainte we had was that the breakfast was extra, even for gold Marriott members. There is internet service, which is always a plus

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family