$100
HIExpress.com
$102
HolidayInn.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$79
Hampton.com
$102
Country Inn
$101
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$92
$77
2,104 results
All reviewspedestrian mallhalf note loungeparking garagelobby barlovely hotelhistoric districttwo blockshotel restaurantlarge bathroompool and hot tubrestaurants and shopswalk in showerspent one nightshenandoah valleyroad tripking roomgw
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I always make this our choice of hotel coming back from NY. The price is great and we enjoy staying at this hotel very much. It is close enough for us to get back on the freeway returning to our home. We plan to go back for a weekend the walking mall downtown is so quaint lots of places to eat...
I would recommend this little town...
It has come a long way since we first started staying in Winchester four years ago...
This hotel is worth the trip...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I enjoyed this Hotel as it is very clean and up to date with luxurious furnishings, a great Bed and Great Bathroom. My only negatives were when I asked the Front Desk girl to switch my room because the neighbors were so loud, she was very impatient with me and quite nasty. She did let me switch to a quieter room, but I could tell I made her mad. Also the Restaurant downstairs was nice and the food was good...but the service was TERRIBLE and the PRICES WAY TOO HIGH for what you got. Waiter was awful. He made no conversation whatsoever and did not seem to know what he was doing. He never checked on us and we constantly had to ask where he was.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jake4868
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Stayed on a Sunday night at room rate of $87 for 2 very comfy queen beds in a beautifully remodeled hotel in historic area. Great restaurant on-site. BUT additional tax of $8.70 + a safe charge of $1.50 (didn't use) + $4.00 on-site parking (didn't use the garage-parked in lot for restaurant). Can't do anything about the tax, but you should argue the other two charges.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LEG482
GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

I appreciate your business and thank you for your comments. The hotel is in a historic downtown area with limited parking, unfortunately since parking is at a premium we have to charge a small fee for overnight guests. The parking fee does include in and out previlages with unlimited valet / bellman services. The safes were installed to give our costumers the peace of mind of a $10,000 limited warranty for their valuables. The safe fee can be waived as detailed on the sticker on the front door of the unit.

Thanks again and happy holidays.

Reviewed November 21, 2010

I won a free night at the The George Washington Hotel from the John Handley High School Key Club. I live less than a mile from the hotel and used the occasion for a quick night away my wife. We had a wonderful time and the George Washington Hotel is a gorgeous property in an excellent location. We also had excellent drinks and an appetizer at The Half Note which is the lobby bar. The George Washington Hotel is second to none in Winchester and I can't imagine why anyone who visits Winchester would want to stay anywhere else. It is a short walk from the hotel to several fine downtown dining establishments including One Block West, Village Square and Violinos. Many thanks to Glen Burke who owns the property and very graciously donated the room to Handley's Key Club. This hotel has been lovingly restored and Winchester is a better community because of it. And lastly, I love this hotel enough that I have made a reservation for family visiting for Thanksgiving. I am sure they will love it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank papadave
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding, and we were so impressed with this hotel. It's extremely clean and the rooms are beautiful. And for the price you pay, you're getting a lot for your money. They also had extremely nice bathrooms in the rooms. I'd definitely stay here again if I made a trip back to Winchester.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple