“Wedding Stay”

The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Winchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is right in the heart of Winchester, very close to the leafy pedestrianised town centre. It is a beautiful hotel, gorgous modern rooms, very airy and quiet air conditioning. Food was delicious, on our second night we had dinner outside in the courtyard. It has a beautiful lounge area with large TVs on the wall. The staff were very friendly, helpful and courteaous. The rooms were spotless and very well equiped, being a female I cannot go anywhere without a hairdryer, but no need to take one as every room had one. It has recently completed an overhaul, which has been very well done, its a beautiful hotel, you will enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: none of the rooms would be a disappointment
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank didi1964
GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I appreciate your business and your feedback, thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll pass along your comments to my service team, thank you and take care.
BLACKSBURG
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love the location of this hotel. It was right next to the wedding reception I attended at picadilly. I would expect a better gym at this hotel given the price. A small dumbell rack an old elliptical and treadmill? I don't think so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank PETER K
I appreciate your business and the feedback both good and bad. I'm so sorry our fitness room did not meet your standards. The space we have to work with is limited, but that said what would you have liked to have seen or used during your stay. We are forever looking to improve our property and the experiences of our guests that stay with us.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.