“Great Location Terrible Amenities”

The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love the location of this hotel. It was right next to the wedding reception I attended at picadilly. I would expect a better gym at this hotel given the price. A small dumbell rack an old elliptical and treadmill? I don't think so.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PETER K
GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I appreciate your business and the feedback both good and bad. I'm so sorry our fitness room did not meet your standards. The space we have to work with is limited, but that said what would you have liked to have seen or used during your stay. We are forever looking to improve our property and the experiences of our guests that stay with us.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I felt charging $5.00 parking fee was out of line for Winchester VA. This was not a covered deck or anything special. Large cities such as New York etc. one expects it. They did take the $1.50 fee for the safe off the bill, but vistors expect these charges to be covered in the hotel charge. Don't nickle and dime the guest to death, like the air lines are doing now. Our only negative would be the room was smaller than we expected.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

I appreciate your business and the feedback both good and bad. I know you have choices when you travel, thank you for selecting our award winning grand hotel. I do understand your frustration regarding parking. The reson why we have to charge is because we have limited spots and some of those parking spots are owned by city of Winchester. At times I even wish we were a highway hotel with a very large parking lot like our friends in town but at the end of the day our guests want to be downtown and have the convenience to park thier car at check-in and not think about driving until their drive home at time of check-out.

Great feedback, thank you again and take care.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The George Washington was centrally located to the pedestrian mall and an easy walk to shops and restaurants. Our room was clean, attractive, and well-appointed, although i was disappointed not to have a refrigerator in the room. The spa/gym/pool were an added bonus and the bar and guitar music on saturday night was very pleasant. i would recommend the hotel, would definitely stay there again and fyi, the price for a room w/2 double beds was quite reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for staying at our grand hotel, I appreciate your business. I'm sorry you did not get a refrigerator in your room, hopefully I'll be purchasing new units for the hotel in early 2013 so all our guest can have a unit for every stay.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderul holiday season.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We always enjoy staying at the George Washington Hotel in Winchester, VA. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always so very clean. We love the indoor pool and the restaurant and room service are great,too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for selecting the award winning George Washington Hotel while in the Winchester area. I appreciate your business and your nice comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
ARLINGTON
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overall the rooms were really nice but I am surprised at the lack of noise abatement between rooms. There was a lot of noise first thing in the morning, sounded like maintenance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for your business, I really appreciate it! I also appreciate your feedback both good and bad. I'm so sorry your were awakened by noise and I will defiantly look into this to see if we can correct this situation.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Channel 70 Video Productions ace PA selected this hotel for us because she thought it was 'charming'. I'm not into charming, but am into having somewhere safe and convenient to park our rented truck. The client came up with someplace to park our truck and we used a rental car to shuttle. It turned out to be worth it. A very nice hotel and our company got a great deal on the rooms. Thank you, ace PA. We had the very cool (charming?) small pool to ourselves and it was a perfect way to end a long work day. The staff was outstanding. Any calls were answered on the first ring. Other than less than convenient parking (for cars) and a bit too much scented air, this was a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while in the Winchester area, I truly appreciate your business. Being the only downtown property I do understand your frustrations about our limited parking lot but I'm so glad you felt it was worth it. The good news is after your check-in you really do not need your car again if you plan to stay downtown for we are in walking distance to all the local shops and attractions.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I did a one-night stop from ME to TN. This hotel was amazingly beautiful; the pool alone was a work of art. Perfect and affordable place to stay. Walking distance to wonderful restaurants in the Old Town. We ate at Violino Ristorante Italiano amazing service and food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for selecting our award winning grand hotel while you were in the Winchester area.
I appreciate your business and the great feedback.