“Perfect place to stay when visiting historic Winchester”

The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
DALLAS, PA
“Perfect place to stay when visiting historic Winchester”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The George Washington was centrally located to the pedestrian mall and an easy walk to shops and restaurants. Our room was clean, attractive, and well-appointed, although i was disappointed not to have a refrigerator in the room. The spa/gym/pool were an added bonus and the bar and guitar music on saturday night was very pleasant. i would recommend the hotel, would definitely stay there again and fyi, the price for a room w/2 double beds was quite reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for staying at our grand hotel, I appreciate your business. I'm sorry you did not get a refrigerator in your room, hopefully I'll be purchasing new units for the hotel in early 2013 so all our guest can have a unit for every stay.

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderul holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
WILLIAMSBURG
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We always enjoy staying at the George Washington Hotel in Winchester, VA. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always so very clean. We love the indoor pool and the restaurant and room service are great,too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for selecting the award winning George Washington Hotel while in the Winchester area. I appreciate your business and your nice comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overall the rooms were really nice but I am surprised at the lack of noise abatement between rooms. There was a lot of noise first thing in the morning, sounded like maintenance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for your business, I really appreciate it! I also appreciate your feedback both good and bad. I'm so sorry your were awakened by noise and I will defiantly look into this to see if we can correct this situation.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Channel 70 Video Productions ace PA selected this hotel for us because she thought it was 'charming'. I'm not into charming, but am into having somewhere safe and convenient to park our rented truck. The client came up with someplace to park our truck and we used a rental car to shuttle. It turned out to be worth it. A very nice hotel and our company got a great deal on the rooms. Thank you, ace PA. We had the very cool (charming?) small pool to ourselves and it was a perfect way to end a long work day. The staff was outstanding. Any calls were answered on the first ring. Other than less than convenient parking (for cars) and a bit too much scented air, this was a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GWHotelManager, General Manager at The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in the Winchester area, I truly appreciate your business. Being the only downtown property I do understand your frustrations about our limited parking lot but I'm so glad you felt it was worth it. The good news is after your check-in you really do not need your car again if you plan to stay downtown for we are in walking distance to all the local shops and attractions.

Harrison, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I did a one-night stop from ME to TN. This hotel was amazingly beautiful; the pool alone was a work of art. Perfect and affordable place to stay. Walking distance to wonderful restaurants in the Old Town. We ate at Violino Ristorante Italiano amazing service and food.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our award winning grand hotel while you were in the Winchester area.
I appreciate your business and the great feedback.

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I live in Winchester and finally had the opportunity to stay in this beautiful, historical hotel for my birthday since it is a walking distance to most local Restaurants in the Old Town. The room was clean, bed were super comfy with a high quality bedding. There was some kind of function during our stayed but we didn't encounter any problems with the noise level. We spent the morning at the adorable Roman style pool and had a blast. We were lucky no body was there so we had it to ourselves. They also have a little gym and a hot tub. Had to pay $5 /night for parking behind the hotel but it wasn't really a huge problem for me. You can park the car off the street since it is free after 4pm on fridays and the whole weekend if you don't want to pay the fee. Overall, It was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Happy Birthday! I'm also so glad you had a chance to stay with us, it's great to see locals enjoying their beautiful grand hotel. I appreciate your business and the feedback.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The hotel is very pretty, and everything was super clean. We got the 2 double bed room and it was gorgeous. Comforter, towels, etc. were all super comfy. We even asked for bathrobes that were delivered promptly and that was just a great added touch. The bathroom was beautiful, great shower pressure and super hot water. We used the pool which was very relaxing, and the hot tub. It is not a pool to swim laps in but just to relax and unwind. We did the self parking at first but then left to get dinner and it was full when we got back so we had to do valet. There was no additional charge and the attendant was very nice. Great stay, great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate your business, and the great feedback thank you very much. My staff and I enjoyed serving you while you were in the winchester area and we look forward to your next visit.