The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
$101
$86
Country Inn
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$77
ClarionHotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$104
$119
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$76
GardenInn.com
$101
$106
2,066 results
All reviewspedestrian mallhalf note loungeelegant hotelparking garagelobby barold town winchestertwo blockslarge bathroompool and hot tubrestaurants and shopsspent one nightwalk in showershenandoah valleyroad tripking bedgwvalet
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Gosh, I have stayed in so many hotels across America, but this property stand out as one of the finest in it's class. The attention to detail in the workmanship and the impeccable upkeep of this property is second to none. The comfort of the bedding, and cleanliness of the room still lingers in my memory. If staying in Historic Winchester, VA, immerse yourself and indulge in this historic landmark. You will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Overlooking the main street in the front of the hotel might be a better view than that of the parking lot in the rear?
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank so very much for staying with us while you were in the Winchester area. I appreciate your business and the nice comments, I will certainly pass along your feedback to my staff in our weekly meeting.

Take care, and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I selected this hotel for an anniversary weekend getaway. We had a great, relaxing time. The location can't be beat as the hotel is right downtown and in easy walking distance to the pedestrian mall, museums, stores, and other historic sites. Everything in the hotel was top notch; the room, the bar, the lobby, the pool, etc...
It was a bit pricier than other options in Winchester though and the room was a bit small (you can tell it is an historic hotel). Also, I'll never understand why hotels with gorgeous flat screen TVs don't offer channels in HD. But you're not visiting to watch TV. We had a great time in Winchester; saw a show at Shennandoah U, highly recommend the Village Square restaurant, and the area museums. Eating outside at the pedestrian mall is also a must.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil D
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in the Winchester area. I know you have choices when you travel, I appreciate your business and the feedback. All of my staff at our award winning hotel truly did enjoy serving you and we look forward to your next visit to the valley.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

From the moment I stumbled upon the George Washington hotel while looking for a wedding venue, I KNEW this was THE place! It was gorgeous,timeless, elegant and the staff warm and welcoming from that first contact. The front desk staff, Pat, Carrie,(and everyone else whose names I cannot remember, but whose kindness I'll never forget) were amazing, they had someone show me the hotel from top to bottum at a moments notice,answered questions and were just genuinely kind as well as professional. 99% of my family traveled from out of town and all that didnt stay at the hotel, wished they had. There hasnt been one family member or wedding guest that hasnt raved (as have I) about how wonderful EVERYTHING was! When others ask about my wedding the first thing I tell them is how wonderful the GW was, I likened the staff to fairy godmothers/genies in a bottle (except I didn't have to make a wish, they just KNEW what I needed and it was there before I even asked, right down to a tissue instantaneously produced as the tears began to flow before I walked down the aisle (thanks Katie!). Jane and Katie were my "go to" ladies throughout the process, Jane was with me the most and her calming presence and proffesionalism gave me confidance that everything would be perfect and it was. Jane didn't miss a single detail! Then Katie really spent time helping me fine tune everything the night before, she was invalueable. As a bride I was so excited, the staff shared my excitement and every single one of them gave 100% with a smile. My "dream wedding" was surpassed beyond any expectation, thank you GW!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter's wedding was held at the George Washington Hotel in Winchester on Friday, June 15, 2012. Her mother and I arrived Thursday evening and found everything was going as planned; what a pleasant surprise! The staff was friendly, courteous, and gave us prompt service, regardless what our needs were. On the day of the wedding, the staff had everything under control and the wedding went off without any problems. The parking accomodations for all of the wedding guests were adjacent to the hotel and there was ample parking for everyone. As we were leaving for home, I asked "Pat" at the main desk how to get to Route 7, she said it had lots of construction going on and that Rt 50 would be a better choice. She wrote up a detailed set of instructions on how to get to Rt 50 and they were PERFECT! What a happy ending to a happy event!

Room Tip: Ask the staff, they won't steer you wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, it was our pleasure to host your daughters wedding. I appreciate your business and the kind words take care and I hope we can serve you and your family once again in the future.

Enjoy your summer, and again thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

June 20 - 22 our Anniversary.... Beautiful clean upscale lobby and bar....we stayed in the biggest luxury suite offered. Very clean and nice. It lacked a telephone in the living room. The shower was out of site, beautiful refreshing. The wait staff was very serving. We got the breakfast as order and it looked good but had no flavor. Winchester downtown was clean, but hardly any visitors. We ate at Violino Italian it cost $200 but was very excellent, eventhough the decor was cheap looking. We visited 4 wineries and the best was Bluemont vineyard, so beautiful. Most of the wines taste the same and were not too bad considering the area the grapes are grown. Yes we recommend this. Diane and Tony from the area of Scranton Pa.

Room Tip: 5th floor corner room - quiet - but far from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the award winning George Washington Hotel, I know you have choices when you travel and I truly do appreciate your business and the kind feedback.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful summer.