“Heaven in you mouth!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

One Block West
Ranked #7 of 284 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A seasonal farm-to-table restaurant featuring the best products of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in a la carte and tasting menus that change nightly. Chef Ed Matthews has been named to Best Chefs of America by his peers in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Front Royal, Virginia
“Heaven in you mouth!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

The food here is divine! I have ate at many restaurants and so far none compare to this place. Everything tasted delicious! I am a vegetarian and my husband called ahead to make sure they could accomadate me and they did with several selections to choose from. Because it was my birthday they sat us in a private table which was very romantic. They had a gentleman there singing and playing the guitar which just added more romance to the atmosphere. We plan to come here again next month. I've already told my family and they plan to drive 3 hours to come! This food really is heaven in your mouth you cant go wrong eating here and the staff and chef are just so friendly and accomadating!

Visited January 2011

Annapolis
“Terrific New Years Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

We dined there on New Years Eve. We had a reservation and a nice corner table was waiting. There was a guitar/singer that played very nice background acoustic music. We skipped on the appetizers and both ordered the red wine by the glass that was recommended with our entrees. We started with the cheese plate for red wine. It was three very nice hard cheeses. I didn't care for the hard bread served with it like a cracker. I would have liked a soft cheese and something to have with the cheeses - a chutney, preserve etc. But the cheeses were good. I had a wonderfully tender filet cooked to a perfect medium. My companion had the veal chop and must have been pretty happy because I didn't get a taste. We ended with the chocolate bread pudding which was very nice- chewy bread, dark rich chocolate. The service was good and the waiter very friendly. i definitely recommend One Block West for special occasions.

Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average From Beginning To End”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

After all the good things we had heard about this restaurant we decided to give it a try with friends. The crab cakes were bland - no spice. The others with dined with noted there meals were less than they expected also. Most likely not going to return. For the price I would definitely find another choice.

1 Thank corkyvanwinkle
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

Food tastes great, service is amiable, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Looking forward to returning.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Located in an alley, this restaurant is pretty good. We enjoyed a Mexican take on pork which was excellent. The caprese salad was just ok-- seemed to have cheap mozzarella-- but everything else was great. Interesting desserts. We were a little suprised by the decor, given that this is one of the "best" in Winchester. For example, it's very bright and the booths appeared to be home made from plywood. This wasn't a huge negative, just unexpected. Very good service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles