“Nice meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Violino Ristorante Italiano

Violino Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 279 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small fine dining restaurant specializing in traditional and authentic Italian cuisine. All of our items are made from scratch on premises from the bread to the gelato. The interior decor is old world and eclectic with a strong opera and classical music influence. Our service is professional and attentive . We look forward to providing you with an Italian culinary experience outside of Italy. Buon Appetito
Massachusetts
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Going here because of the Trip Advisor rating.
Upon entry we experienced a strong odor of must and mold. A terrific turn off.
We were seated promptly by a very enthusiastic woman, who was to be OUR waitress.
Up tight and unsure if we wanted to stay we ordered wine. Then both ordered soup; my wife ordered Pasta Fagioli and I had the Minestrone. Both were GREAT. My wife then had a very tasty, diverse Viololini salad; I had a well prepared fried Calamari, which was lightly breaded, fried just right and had a very, very good spicy seafood dipping sauce.
So other than the bold waitress it was a very good and light meal.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Peter A

• Arabic first
La Veta, Colorado
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A friend of mine from Williamsburg, Va recommended this restaurant to me - they said Violino serves THE BEST Bolognese sauce they ever had. I went and was overwhelmed by the food! The menu is extensive and everything we had was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the zesty, fresh herb gazpacho (which was sent to us free of charge) and the tortellini with mushrooms and pancetta. We ordered 2 desserts - a canoli and tiramisu - both excellent. Atop the desserts, were handmade chocolate decorations formed in the shape of a musical note - ("Violino - remember?!) It was a super nice touch - and delicious. Our waiter, Raymondo, was a complete professional and added to the enjoyment of the meal. Perhaps a little pricier than some restaurants in Winchester, you do get a great value for the meal.

• Visited June 2013
peterborough UK
“Wonderful ravioli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Having read the reviews I was expecting good food and that was what we got, traditional Italian food with that little extra ingredient. For me it was the fig and polenta ravioli just amazing and different flavour. Friendly service

Visited June 2013
1 Thank cjwlutton
Inwood, West Virginia
“Best Restaurant in Winchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Violino is THE best restaurant in Winchester and one of my top favorites. The food is always excellent as is the ambience. I particularly like to sit ouside during warm weather; feels a bit like being in Europe since it's along the Old Towne Winchester pedestrian mall.

The owners are always there and they ensure that things go well.

My wife and I come here about once a month as a treat. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
Pittsford, New York
“Nickle and Dime restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We usually travel through Winchester, VA 4 to 5 times a year, yet this is the first time we've tried Violino ristorante. For background information, we travel extensively through the US, Caribbean and Europe. We look for good food that is fairly priced; we are always willing to pay for top experiences and food. Tonight we went to Violino Ristorante on a return trip from SC to NY. The food was not bad, but was not 10+ quality. what really bothered me was the extras. I ordered a veal dish that came with a side of pasta. The waitress said the past was a bowtie; I asked for plain spaghetti. When the order came it was a spaghetti with plain tomato sauce. Portion of the side was about 3 forkfulls. Which is fine since I normally cannot eat more. Then the bill came!! Because it was spaghetti and not bowties, they charged $5.50 extra... We also ordered a calimari appitizer that came with a clam shell of sauce for dipping. We asked for one more clalm shell and then on the bill it was another additional 1.50 for the one tablespoon of sauce. We don't mind paying for good food, but being nickled and dimed is a real turnoff and, for what it's worth, really is a turn off.\
The waitress did a fine job, and the food was good, not great, but good. Needless to say, there are too many other places to go to that treat their customers fairly, and we will not return.

• Visited June 2013