“Our Italian Solstice Tradition”

Violino Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 302 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a small fine dining restaurant specializing in traditional and authentic Italian cuisine. All of our items are made from scratch on premises from the bread to the gelato. The interior decor is old world and eclectic with a strong opera and classical music influence. Our service is professional and attentive . We look forward to providing you with an Italian culinary experience outside of Italy. Buon Appetito
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Violino's every solstice as part of our anniversary celebration. The food is fantastic, and the chefs really are creative in terms of the specials. If you tell them it's a special occasion, it's possible the chef may come out with complimentary champagne and sing to you!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

As this place got such good reviews we wanted to try it. When you walk into the place, you may take a look and walk back out. It looks kind of old and worn. It had fake grapes hanging everywhere. I expected Gordon Ramsey to pop out at any time and start ripping them down! Service is very good and they have a large number of staff to serve you. We had an appetizer of Charcuterie which was very tasty. I ordered the Veal Chop and my wife also had one of the specials. Both meals were very good and with a bottle of wine the bill was around $100.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We took friends with a two year old and the restaurant accomodated her well. The food was very good but I must say we were a bit startled at the price. As our friend noted, the serving sizes seemed small but I think that's because we've become so accustomed to super-sized everything. We certainly didn't leave there hungry. The atmosphere was very pleasant, the service was great and everyone was very friendly. I'd definitely go back but next time will pay more attention to cost. For us, it was about $60 each including tax and tip.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is my favorite place to eat. Great Italian, great Location and great atmosphere. it is one of the more expensive places in town, but not super expensive. Overall good value.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

First visit to Winchester. Wandered in by happenstance. Unpretentious, , cozy. . And The FOOD...as good as anything I ate in Rome or Milan. The service was efficient, smooth, and Friendly. Did I mention the food?? Exquisite! Fresh, subtle, flavorful, beautifully presented.
Wow.