Stayed for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express as a first stop on an extended cross country tour. This is our first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express (we selected it based on reviews here) and were very happy with the choice.
The staff was great, always cheerful and helpful. The free breakfast was the typical continental affair, but the breakfast area is roomier, sunnier, and generally nicer than most hotels in this price range. (We paid $73 per night, mid-week, non-refundable-rate via the Holiday Inn Express website.)
Our room was very clean and fairly large with a small fridge, coffee machine, and a microwave. Comfortable bed and a rare find...a very quiet, effective air conditioner.
The exercise room was small but uncrowded...2 treadmills, a weight machine and one or two other pieces of equipment all in good shape. There is also an indoor pool, but we didn't use it.
Overall, we thought it was a very good value and a nice place to spend the night. It's a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Winchester, VA is located at the north end of town only 2 miles from Interstate 81. Positioned in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, our award-winning hotel offers 81 over sized rooms including 25 suites. With focus on both the business & leisure traveler, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers something for everyone. Our hotel offers an indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, fitness center, business center, and the complimentary Express Start breakfast. This Winchester hotel is located 2 miles from the Historic District. Here you can enjoy local eateries such as Cork St. Tavern, Village Square & Violinos, along with museums, galleries and antique shops. We are also within 10 minutes of the Apple Blossom Mall, The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, George Washington s & Stonewall Jackson Headquarters and Abrams Delight. Within 30 minutes you can take in the splendor of the Shenandoah National Park, Berkley Springs & Harpers Ferry, WV . You can also enjoy rounds of golf at Rock Harbor & Cacapon. If you are on business, this Winchester hotel is only mile from Winchester Medical Center, Trex and SU Pharmacy School. Within 10 minutes of FEMA, FBI Records Division, National Fruit, Crown Cork & Seal, Kraft, Quebecor, Pactiv, Greenbay Packaging, Home Depot & Valley Proteins. Play hard and Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Winchester
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn