Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester
$86
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winchester(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$104
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$59
$112
$106
$119
$110
$101
Clarion Inn & Conference Center(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$77
$119
$107
  • Pool
All reviewspancake makercinnamon rollsitalian restaurant across the streetnice pool and hot tubroom was cleanpull out sofagas stationthe breakfast areafollowing morningfront desk staffyogurtsmall fridgequiet hotelone night stayminute drivepleasant stayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I was surprised my experience at this hotel was very different from the majority of reviews given. Travelling north to south, my husband and I stayed in 3 Holiday Inns. This hotel was a big disappointment. Staff was cordial and helpful, but standoffish. Although room was clean it looked worn, and felt "buggy". The heating/cooling element was exceptionally loud. I had to decide whether to deal with the noise or the cold. Needless to say I had little sleep. Bathroom lighting was poor. The king-size spring bed was old, saggy and uncomfortable. I was surprised when the front desk person told me the hotel was new 6 years ago. From the bed and decor I thought the hotel was much older. I chose this hotel because it was off the highway and I thought road noise would be less. The hotel is situated in a fast food, gas complex that had a lot of road noise. There was no wifi in the room only in the lobby. The room had a wire to plug in computer. To add insult to injury this hotel cost up to $40 more than other Holiday Inns in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Road_Warriors2000
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Staff was friendly, room was clean, free breakfast with eggs and sausage, indoor pool was nice. Next time I will request that my room not be located next to the "Oak Room" conference room. There was a small conference at 8 am and we could hear everything that was said through the wall.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We have been staying at HIE in Winchester a few times a year now for about 2 years. It is a halfway point for meeing our daughter & her husband. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious. The shower is great. Breakfast Bar is always well stocked and the food is good. The last few visits we have used the pool and jacuzzi, which was very enjoyable. The only negative was the pillows on our most recent visit.
They seemed very small and in need of replacing.
Will continue to stay at this motel whenever we travel to Winchester.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I am a Holiday Inn Priority Club member and an AAA member, so I have a bit of traveling experience under my belt. Also, I am in Winchester, Virginia fairly often for visiting friends and a nearby resort in Hampshire County, West Virginia. This hotel is one of my two "go-to" hotels (the other being the Red Roof Inn) in the Winchester, Virginia area.

The look of this hotel is very nice in and of itself but next to an Arby's, a Sheetz store and a KFC makes me cringe. It's a good location at the corner of Virginia Routes 522 and 37 with easy access to Interstate 81 and Virginia Route 50. But since it's at the cloverleaf and if you stay in the back part of the hotel, you hear the trucks engine braking as they come down from 37 to get onto 522 and then 81.

There is a computer for guest use which is very good when having to look up road conditions, directions and weather reports for the area you want to travel to.

There is an impressive exercise room with machines but I have never been in there. There is also a indoor small pool and a hot tub but kids seem to populate that so I have never been in either one. In good weather I have seen families lounging on the outdoor deck.

I am very appreciative of the three or so luggage carts they have by the front door. This saves me time and stress and strain on my back. Just be sure you get them before 8 am when there seems to be a mad dash for them and for the breakfast area.

When I was there this past weekend (today is 1-4-2010) the first day I was there the breakfast bar had bacon and scrambled eggs, YUM ! The second day had sausage patties and some kind of egg turnover, YUCK.

On the far left of the breakfast bar next to the coffee, they have packets of instant oatmeal. HUH? Aren't we in the South? Where's the packets of instant grits?
Well, okay if you want to keep the instant oatmeal but let's also have packets of instant grits. If I was grading the quality of this breakfast bar of all the Holiday Inn Express' I have been to, it's second only to the Americus, Georgia Holiday Inn Express.

A previous review had some things to say about this facility but I think they may have been talking about a hotel that WAS a Holiday Inn on Route 522 in the southern part of Winchester, next to the Red Roof Inn but that is now a Quality Inn.

In terms of the professionalism of the staff, well, I can't grade that but they don't come out of the backroom enough to interact with the guest other than the strictest formalities during the check in process and check out process. The way I get them to come out of the back room is to stare at the camera dome above and to my right of the front desk and drum my fingers on the counter top until someone notices on the monitor that a customer is waiting by the front desk.

So, there are some good things about this hotel and there are some bad things and that's the facts of life.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank HFC
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel overnight numerous times when traveling to see family in NY State. We have always found it to be clean, well run and convenient to Route 81. A family-friendly Italian restaurant is located directly across the street. A large convenience store is adjacent to the hotel. Winchester downtown has some great eateries, too.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family