Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel staff very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms clean and very functional . Pool are clean and hot tub very comforting after a day of driving. Breakfast was very good and hostess was hospitable. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra B
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad you ejoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

easy to find and get to and from Shendaoh U to unload for my grand. great breakfast clean nice rooms definately stay again. I was given a room as asked closed to entrance and breakfast area so I didnt have alot of walking as Im on oxygen.

Room Tip: I asked for a room close to check in and am breakfast as I'm no oxygen and didnt want a lot of w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Below is the email I sent to Priority Club for my reward stay at this hotel

My family and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on 142 Foxridge Lane in Winchester, VA last evening on a reward night. I was very disappointed with my stay. When we checked in we went to the room and the door was ajar. We were concerned about this and went back to the front desk. They indicated that housekeeping always does this. Well I have stay over 50 nights a year in hotels and never do I recall walking up to my room and the door not being locked. We asked for another room and they only had smoking rooms, which we did not want. Someone escorted us to the room not sure if it was a manager or not as she did not identify herself. She walked in the room and checked it and said it was fine. As soon as we walked in the smell of urine/must was overwhelming. I wonder if the door was ajar to get rid of the smell? We stayed in the room as it was late and we needed to get some rest , but it was a disappointing stay to say the least. A couple of other things to note about this hotel.

• The gym was closed with no equipment in the room
• The indoor pool was green and it did not look like the filter was on, I would not allow my children to go in there in the morning
• The smell throughout the hallways varied from smoke to must to urine.

At this time I would like to have my points earned back to my account as this was not worth the stay. Those 50 nights I mentioned above are switching full time to Marriot as this has not been my only poor experiences with Holiday Inn properties. In my care package the hotel asked for me to rate them on Trip Advisor, this email will be going on the rating for sure. I have copied the manager at the hotel on this email, but expect an answer from Priority Club on this matter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert B

Dear Robert B.
I received your email and responded to your concerns. Can you please let me know if you received my email?

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We liked everything about this hotel except that is kind of off the beaten track aways. The staff was very nice and it was clean. Not too many good places to eat in the vicinity but we were directed to a exit away, by the desk clerk, where there were a couple of places to eat. We were very surprised to be handed a Priority Club gift bag with water (much appreciated) and some snacks which we used the following day while driving the Skyline Parkway. Another surprise was when my husband showed his Military ID for identification and we were told we were eligible for the Military rate. Breakfast was better than most HIE we have been too but I was missing fruit of some type. Also, the pancake machine (I love those things) was off to the side and I did not see it until I had already eaten. We probably won't be in this area anytime soon but we would stay again. A

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Travelling Grammy
Thank you for taking the time out of you schedule to comment on your
stay in our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with
us and that our staff accommodated you as needed. Yes, we are off the
path a little but close enough to still get to everything you need pretty
easily. Our breafast is consistant with the brand standards and should
be consistant throughout the brand. It certainily is a great value and a good way to
start the day off. As our most valued customers (Reward Member) your feedback
is most important since you spend so much time in our hotels. Thank
you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were glad to visit this hotel for a one night stay to end our vacation. The front desk clerk was very welcoming and nice. The non smoking elevator and hall to our non smoking room were very smokey, but thankfully our room was not at all. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Disturbingly, a washcloth was left in the shower, but as it was hanging from the back of the curtain rod, I can see how it could be easily overlooked. Also found a button and a lego on the floor of the room, which led me to believe that the vacuuming was not thorough. But everything appeared to be clean and well maintained. The breakfast was great, as is that lovely eating area - I was especially impressed with and the woman working at the breakfast who was so hard working, efficient and patient with the many guests.

Room Tip: It appeared that the 3rd floor was non-smoking, but perhaps the 2nd floor was not? Unfortunately, t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Stacey D.

Thank you for taking the time out of you schedule to comment on your
stay in our hotel. Unfortunately, the third floor in our hotel does have
smoking rooms located on the lower end. They are isolated however,
you can sometimes smell the smoke. The next time you stay with us
we will make sure to place you on a lower level.
I do appreciate you informing me about the room cleanliness and I
will address that with the staff. We do try our best and a glad you
were overall satisfied with your staff. We look forward to seeing
you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great place for a stop over hotel is very clean with a very help full friendly staff. Rooms are nice and well maintained. Lots of Restaurants in area to choose from. Would definitely be my first choice to stay at if in area again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim B
Mistie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for the great review regarding your overnight stay with us! We are very happy you were pleased with the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

very good - even by holiday inn express standards, which are always clean and comfortable with reliably good breakfast.

this property lived up to the standards.
teh hotel was very clean, quiet.
the furnishings were up to date and in great condition, the hotel looked very new.
breakfast was very good - usuall cinnamon rolls, but with cheese omelets, fresh biscuits and gravy, sausage, and a pancake maker, in addition to the usual pastries and yogurt and hard boiled eggs etc...
fridge and microwave in the rooms.
nice indoor pool.
the only downside is that it is not right on the interstate and there is not a lot of commerical activity close by - although there is an arbys right in front of the hotel and a sheetz station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments about the Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, Va. I am happy that you were satisfied with the hotel. Yes, we are a bit off the interstate but we like to think we are worth the drive! Hope to see you again soon!