“Reminds me of neighborhood places in New York and Detroit”

Neighborhood Italian Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 285 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berryville, Virginia
“Reminds me of neighborhood places in New York and Detroit”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

It is not pretentious and the ambiance is neighborhood restaurant. Not a place for your romantic interlude. But if you want great food, individually prepared and excellent service at truly moderate prices this is a great place. A little loud but with the feeling of happy families and couples enjoying themselves and the food. The owner and staff make sure you are satisfied. The portions are more than ample, and while we had a chicken dish and a wonderful shrimp and calamari dish, there were a number of guests enjoying pizza. It was our first time, but won't be our last.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Huron68

Virginia
“Great dinner at NIK”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a great dinner at NIK...spaghetti and meatballs is the gold standard for an Italian diner and NIK's were really good! The marinara was tasty and fresh, the pasta perfectly al dent. The chicken Parmesan was well done served with broccolini. Homemade mozzarella caprese too. And then freshly made ricotta cheesecake-light and fresh. The tiramisu was terrific too, and expresso! The deli case is full of good things like sausages, cannoli, antepasta, cheeses. The menu has many authentic Italian choices and the prices are modest. Well done, chef Frank!

• Visited March 2014
Gainesville, Georgia
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Walking distance from the Hampton Inn, right off I-81. Doesn't look like much on the outside but comfortable inside and food is excellent. This is obviously a private business because they all take pride in what they do. Even the well fed chef comes out and interacts with the guests. Chicken Marsala is recommended.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Convenient location with great pizza”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My family we traveling through Winchester recently, and we were looking for something quick to take back to the hotel. I found Neighborhood Italian Kitchen and ordered a pizza. I also ordered some calamari, but unfortunately the owner was not able to make it because of the condition of his frying oil. I certainly appreciate his refusal to prepare food that would not meet his standards and he would not eat himself. I was not charged at all for it there absolutely no concern there. As for the pizza it was terrific. It was simple NY style pizza with fantastic cheese and crust. I would definitely get their pizza again if back in the area, and I would love to try the calamari. As for location, it was right off I-81. Easy off and easy on!

Visited February 2014
Vinton, Virginia
“The Italian dipped beef”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

You MUST try the Italian dipped beef!! It was so amazing. I can't wait for my next delivery order from NIK!!

• Visited January 2014