WINNER WONDERLAND

“Perfect cuppa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coach & Horses Tea Room

Coach & Horses Tea Room
Ranked #2 of 282 Restaurants in Winchester
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a unique restaurant in historic Winchester, VA, housed in a Circa 1790's Log House on the National Historic register. We serve Lunch, High Tea and offer a great venue for baby showers, bridal showers and luncheons or Rehearsal dinners. We also cater to birthday and anniversary events every day and we are the perfect venue for a fun tea party for any reason. We offer a unique menu consisting of lunch items all hand made in our kitchen and beautifully presented traditional afternoon tea presented on three tiered tea trays. We have a huge selection of premier quality teas from around the world which are unique to our tea room. Make us your choice for tea for two or tea for 50... We love to take care of those personal celebrations whether you are graduating school or college. We accommodate children with pleasure. Everything we do is by reservation, so give us a call and we will take great care of you.
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Perfect cuppa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just opened!!! In a historic location on National register of historic places, once called "Homespun". Beautiful 18th century interior, feels like you are time travelling once you cross the threshold. old wooden floors, cozy rooms w/ low ceilings. Ambience like this can't be recreated. Make reservations since it has a small staff and they will need to ready for you to provide the best service for you. Walk ins are accepted if there is room. They did allow some walk ins when I was there, and please people- know this is a tea house not a cafe. They asked for coffee and was very unimpressed w/ the idea of having tea. I had reserved in advance for me and my husband to have afternoon tea. It was fabulous!!! I have had tea in a lot of locations around the world, including England- and this was one of the best experiences i have ever had. The server was friendly and well educated, the menu had every type of tea imaginable, the food was really good. No complaints from me( and I would tell you for sure). My husband is new to the tea world and was really loving it too, it was his idea to go to have a relaxing few hours. He was just a little, only a little, put out w/ the tea pots cozies. There were floral in design and he wished his was more masculine. I loved mine, it was decorated w/ pansies. The plates and cups were a really nice design too, with a scene of coaches and horses just like their name. I will be coming back and bringing more people too. It was lovely and well done. I forgot to mention that I had the choice of going there or going into DC for tea and I chose wisely and picked here. I won't be going to DC for tea anytime soon..

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Nikki36_10

Berkeley Springs WV
“Tea Room for Winchester in historic house...very nice!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and food! Winchester really needed this. Large selections of tea, hot and iced. Located in one of Winchesters oldest homes providing the best place for an english tea room. Prices are very reasonable and portions of english fare are large. Also, available by reservation, are tiered trays full of assorted tea sandwiches, fruits, scones, sweets and more. Will definately be returning often with friends and family! You may want to make reservations...they only had one table not reserved when we went.

3 Thank luvapug123