“Great Food at both locations”

Throx Market Station
Ranked #36 of 285 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Throx Market Staton the best kept secret along the I-81 corridor! Try our Housemade Maryland Style Crab Cake with a side of Old bay Seasoned Fries or a Throx Burger made with fresh ground beef topped your way! We also specialize in Panini, Subs, Fried and BBQ Chicken, and Breakfast featuring real eggs and our homemade sausage! We have vegetarian and healthy options including a smoothie and protein shake bar and healthy/organic snack section. Browse our selection of Craft Beer to go, grab a Latte at our Espresso bar, or just take a break from the road and relax with a unique soda from our huge selection of drinks. Free Wi-Fi, Shell Gasoline, and a great atmosphere are just some the things we offer!
Stephens City, Virginia
“Great Food at both locations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I love the Crab Cake sandwich at the Market Station, and the fries with a little old bay on them make a great meal. They have a second location Throx Country Store on Sensenny Rd and at that location you can find the best Steak and Cheese in the Winchester area.

• Visited August 2014

Winchester, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kept secret in Winchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I got the best chicken salad in Winchester here, and I have hit most restaurants. Prices are on par with the fast food chains, but the food is made from scratch, daily, and superior. My son, who is a 5 guys fan went for their Burger, and he declared it 'almost like five guys, although less greasy', which from his mouth is a big compliment. The joke is that 'you have to be in the South when the best food is served at a gas station', in the case of Winchesters' Throx Market Station, that seems to be true.

Visited July 2014
Oak Island, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have no high expectations when I get food at a gas station. This time, I was pleasantly surprised. The first time I had the fish & chips, and it was great. Belgian size, golden fries and some good fish to go with it! Next time I had the crab cakes. Not the best ever crab cakes, but they came in second. Nice, lumpy crab meat inside. Yup, definitely going back to try the burgers.

• Visited July 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stopped just to get gas; they dispense Shell gas at this store. While I'm pumping the gas there is a sign up that says "buy 10 gallons of gas get two pieces of chicken free". Worked for me! They were friendly and the chicken was excellent. What a nice treat. The coffee was also excellent. The store was clean as a whistle.

Visited April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“No coffee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Out of coffee. Only reason we stopped was for coffee and they were out. Need clerks to stay on top of this. It wasn't busy, so there was no reason not to be checking on it.

Visited December 2013