“A must visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“A must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

For those who have no time to visit Williamsburg, this was very nice and worthwhile :) The docent was very knowledgeable.

Visited May 2014

maryland
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Abram's Delight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was running short of time when I visited, so I didn't have the full tour experience. Many thanks to the young lady who understood my time crunch and offered to give me the condensed version. She was so nice to take me through the building, highlighting specific points and answering my questions. I marveled at the artifacts in the basement.

Visited April 2014
Cranford, New Jersey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Origins of Winchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This house is across from the Winchester Visitors Center. There is a small separate building wih a small museum that sells the tickets. You can purchase a multi-ticket for Abram's Delight, Stonewall Jackson's office, and George Wahingon's office. I left the Abram's house for last. Eventhough it was 30 min til closing, they were nice enough to give the full 45 min tour.

The delightful tour gave a history of the town and the Hollingsworth family. The guide was brand new and had to check his note cards, but the tour was still delightful and informative.

If you have an extra 10 min, there is a log cabin on the property that was relocated here for preservation. It is original, but not Abram's cabin.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda O
Dover, Delaware, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“very good example of early life in Virginia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We purchased the block pass to 3 attractions...Abrams Delight ,Stonewall Jackson Headquarters and Washingtons office. It was interesting to see the progression through time since there are several periods represented in the 3 sites. I also found the guides to be very knowledgable in more then just the major details. A lot of interesting facts about individual pieces and people. I would definately recommend this. It is located next to a visitors center, parks and a university

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Richard V
Chappaqua, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best tour of the 3 museums”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

In one day we visited Stonewall Jackson's HQ, Washington's office and Abram's Delight.
The tour was delightful,and we enjoyed listening the story of every object in the house. My youngest usually gets bored but he said that he enjoyed it a lot. Even it caught my 17yr old daughter's attention.

I liked it a lot too because it showcased the life of a 18th century's family, a very good place as the last stop, after visiting the others 2 museums that talk about war.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank OrquidLady

Been to Abram's Delight? Share your experiences!