“Food is good, price is good. Kids were happy :)” 5 of 5 stars

Papermill Place Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 279 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Food is good, price is good. Kids were happy :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I took my 4 little kids there around lunchtime to have a giant breakfast. The waitresses were very helpful and kind to the kids and I. The food was served super fast and it definitely tasted better than a Denny's or IHOP. They used real eggs for our scrambled eggs and the homemade cole slaw was tasty. It wasn't gourmet by any means but it was pretty well priced and tasted good. No complaints :)

• Visited June 2013

“Bad brunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate brunch there a few days ago. Worst experience I have ever had. Our table needed wiped off which wasn't a big deal until the waitress put our silverware in water then when I said the table needed wiped she rolled her eyes and wiped it while spilling crumbs in my lap. She then wouldn't change our silverware. Our food was ok eggs were fine toast was just warm breadband pototes were not just salty but not coooked through. And just about every waitress felt it necessary to lived ok over to our table and giggle, more inmature then my little sister.
I've lived in winchester and been a patron of Papermill Place my whole life, NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER DINE THERE AGAIN.

• 2 of 5 stars
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Nice family style with good food, service and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice family style restaurant in the Southern tradition, the entrees came with two "sides" of your choce. Good variety on the menu and the specials change every day. We were on a 3-day vacation and ended up eatring here twice.

Good food at very reasonable prices and the service was "Southern" friendly ("Hi honey!") and prompt.

Suffolk, Virginia
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If your looking for great food and friendly service, and want to save money, this is the place to go.

Aurora, Missouri
“Our first clue the locals love it: busy at 7:30 on Sunday morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

When we arrived at 7:30 on Sunday morning folks were streaming in. We took that as a good sign. Clearly the place caters mainly to locals. It's "Seat Yourself" and our server dropped off menus quickly and took our drink orders. She was a real "pro" and covered many tables efficiently until a second server arrived on the scene. Winchester is in that narrow geographic region that serves both scrapple and grits. So I had both. The food: comfortable and very good. The servers were attentive. Offers for coffee refills were endless. I made a mistake in their favor when totaling my charge which the cashier quickly and politely pointed out. Next time we're in Winchester we'll return.

Visited May 2013