“My stay was fine, I would stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Winchester again.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I was satisfied with my room and the services that I used.

I did have tw0 small issues:

I did not have a room receipt when I got up in the morning. I discussed this with the representative at the front desk and he informed me there was a problem with the computer system. Based on our conversation I am making this comment to help resolve the computer issues. I have stayed at this hotel several times before and did not experience this problem in the past.

The second issue was with the wakeup call system. When I tried to dial the number for wakeup calls I received a busy signal. After several tries, I walked to the front desk and requested a wakeup call. I know the representative entered the room information, however I did not receive a call in the morning. I was awake so missing the call did not impact my schedule.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boston
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We have never stayed in a filthy Marriott until this night in April of 2010.
We changed rooms twice because of the neglect to these rooms.
The first one needed a vaccum, it also had a dirty bathroom( used soap and shampoo and bugs) and what looked like dirty pillow cases.
The 2nd room (we were upgraded to a suite) also looked like a used bed with black hairs on the sheets and pillow case.
The 3rd room had 2 stained pillow cases (they did get changed) a long crawling bug and a desk chair with a serious stain on the fabric.

Western New York
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. What a nice hotel! The staff was so nice, the rooms were very clean and the beds were soooooo comfortable. The breakfast was good and the server was very nice and helpful. This is a great place to stay!

The only disappointment was that the hot tub wasn't hot enough to relax in and the exercise room was too hot to workout in. This will NOT keep us from staying there again. I am sure that this was just a temporary thing and everything else there more than makes up for this.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Arrived early and had our room ready as requested. Room was clean and for the most part comfortable; I have a bad back so I find it difficult to find a comfortable bed at any Marriott, the ONLY chain I choose to frequent when away from home. Very close to historic downtown Winchester, and approximately 40 minutes to other historic places, Charles Town, WV and Harpers Ferry, WV. Very nice continental breakfast. I would stay at this facility again if in the area.

Lots of restaurants within eye sight of hotel, Cracker Barrel, IHop. Golden Coral, Steakhouse and many others within 1/2 mile.

Vacaville
Reviewed February 12, 2010

When in Winchester, VA this is the best hotel in town. It is conveniently located near several restaurants, shopping, and Shenandoah University. Rooms are spacious, quiet , and clean. Indoor pool and spa is clean and conveniently located. Staff is friendly, very accommodating, and ready to help with any need. Parking is spacious, continental breakfast is always fresh, and business center is convenient.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This hotel was ok. My wife and I were in town for a wedding with our 14 month old son which limits our options. We needed a hotel that offered suites (or big enough rooms that were divided) so we could put him in his pack-and-play on one side of the room at night and allow us to stay up and watch tv, read, or chat on the other side. Most hotels in the area couldn't offer a room big enough for this or didn't offer cribs/pack-and-plays (call ahead to any hotel to make sure as we've been burned on this before when booking online). I booked a regular room thinking it was big enough but upon calling I spoke with the manager of the hotel who assured me it would not serve our purpose, but offered to upgrade us to a suite for the "senior rate". I jumped at that because other hotels in the area offering suites were running $115 plus, whereas this was $85. Room was average and served its purpose but was not serviced but once in the four days we stayed. And the day it was serviced they took all of our towels and didn't replace them. I had to go to the front desk twice to ask for towels (first time was told they were laundering towels and it would be 30 minutes and they'd bring them up). Only other negative comment would be the drinking water...it is rancid (and i'm not overplaying this)...bring your own or run to the wal-mart around the corner (I heard several guests complaining about this). On the positive side, breakfast was free and good. Cookies were made fresh each night at the front desk. Rooms and common areas were clean. Staff was friendly and generally helpful. Overall, again, the hotel is average. Would stay again if we came back, but would try a different hotel if the rates were better.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Room was clean and quiet. Staff friendly. Reasonable breakfast. Little expensive. Great buffet place right across the road.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family