I booked this online through Travelocity for $91/night for a double room, meaning 2 double beds. There was a mini-fridge (approx 4 cubic ft), microwave, desk, flat screen TV. The mattress seemed brand new and very comfortable. the blankets weren't heavy and I didn't see any extras in the closet but thanks to the easily programmable thermostat, temperature was no problem.
Upon check-in, we were hoping to only stay one night, as a snow storm was on the way but since we paid for two nights through travelocity no such luck. The hot tub was out of service and the indoor pool was freezing. Definitely a disappointment as this was one of the main reasons for picking this hotel over others in the area.
Breakfast was 7-9 and had a very nice spread. Waffle maker was awesome, they had powered eggs, bacon, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, 4 varieties of cereal, oatmeal, bread, english muffins, bagels, (jam, butter, honey) OJ AJ skim and 2% milk, yogurt and fresh bananas and apples. Coffee and hot tea. The woman in charge of the breakfast was a delight. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
The front desk wasn't always manned and when I tried calling around 9 am to figure out check-out time (which is noon) but it rang for 15 minutes before I gave up. I believe the front desk woman was busy shoveling the front walk.
Shower got extremely hot. Provided Pantene shampoo and conditioner, soap for face and body, not sure what the difference was. Three full towels, three hand towels, three washcloths. Room was spacious and comfortable. I would stay again however the staff said the pool/hot tub work only intermittently so its best to call beforehand to check if its functioning.
There's a Costco right across the street and a Wal-Mart down the street. Cici's nearby
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the top of the Shenandoah Valley in historic Winchester, Virginia, the Fairfield Inn & Suites is central to many famous Civil War attractions and battlefields. With easy access to I-81 and to historic Old Town Winchester, the Fairfield Inn & Suites easily is viewed by many as the ideal place to stay when taking in the sites and sounds of Winchester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Winchester
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Fairfield Inn Winchester
- Fairfield Winchester
- Winchester Fairfield Inn