“Not a good place to stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Marco Island, Florida
“Not a good place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst run Marriott properties that I have encountered. This is saying a lot since I have over 1300 lifetime stays at various Marriott properties. At breakfast there was not a single coffee cup, fork, or knife in the breakfast area. We left the property at 9:30 am and returned at 3:30 to find our room not serviced. Only after going to the front desk, a little after 4:00 pm, did a housekeeper arrive. Then we sat around waiting for her to service our room. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Wilmington_NCTonyR
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy.

I've read your comments about our breakfast bar not having enough supplies during breakfast and your guest room wan't serviced until late afternoon. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this is not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Carolyn Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

As noted by some other reviewers, front desk staff were not always readily available, time of day did not seem to make a difference. To check in, after waiting a while, called out "is anyone here?" Once available, they did their job. Breakfast was Fairfield Inn which offered some variety and some freshly cooked items. Staff here were very pleasant. Hotel seems to be set up for business guests with only tables and chairs in area where lobby TV and fireplace are located. Missed having comfortable furniture to have morning and after dinner coffee. There was someone on the desk when we went to check out and he seemed interested in our how our stay was and that we might return. Since we need an accessible room, he made suggestions about ways to make the reservation for future visits. We did not have a problem making a reservation for an accessible room on the Marriott web site. Even though located near interstate, you do not hear the highway noise but do hear noise from the hall way and showers.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AKRON, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel is newer and nice and clean. The front desk service at check in & check out left a lot to be desired. At check in no one was at the desk and once he finally showed up he was not the most personable person. At check out again, no one at desk. The breakfast was complimentary and as in most Marriott locations was decent.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SIPNSMILE
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I didn't book this room as I am a "Hilton girl". So I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a little small but adequate. Bed very comfortable. Service was fabulous! Breakfast mediocre. Coffee mediocre. Having the laundry there was a huge plus. And again service was great.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sayreville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night, on July 19th. Pulled up to the front of hotel and had to wait for the car in front of the main door to move to unload my luggage. What got me angry was that it looked like the car was being sold and they were showing it right in front of the main door.. WHO DOES THAT??

I asked for 3 towels never got it. 4 of us had to use 2 towels.
The bathroom door would not close
Our room door would not close unless 2 people pushed it shut.
The TV in the room was not working properly.

Being a Marriott GOLD member I expected better.

Free breakfast was not bad... Oatmeal, eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, make your own fresh waffles, yogurt and some fresh fruits.

Over all its not a bad hotel if you are driving thru town and need a place to stay, it will suffice. Could be better if some of the small inconveniences are addressed.

Room Tip: If you are staying in room 238 make sure the issues I noted in review are fixed.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Daphne, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Spent 5 nights here on business. The entire staff was professional and always seemed to be in a good mood. The location is very convenient to I-81 and is easy to get in/out. My only complaint would be that the housekeeping staff starts their rounds very early in the day, 8:30 am (compared to other hotels I've stayed). Be sure to hang the Do Not Disturb sign if that is too early for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I made a reservation for a suite for my family of 5. At check in, the man at the desk had his tie undone, not that this was a huge issue, I just found it unprofessional and felt he did not want to be there. Also, I asked him twice for a pack n play for my son (which I requested when I made the reservation). He told me they were being cleaned and he would bring it to my room and that never happened. The suite was a good size, but had an odd smell. Winchester is our half way point home from the outer banks, we will not choose this hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2013