“Excellent Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and the breakfast food, the seating area for breakfast and Nancy and Judy who helped serve were very friendly and helpful. In fact Nancy made our stay a good one.
The servers added the warmth and personality. The reception staff were cold and distant even though our key cards did not always work.
The pool had too much chlorine. Many on our bus tour complained so others did not use the pool.

Our trip was in may 2012

Room Tip: Key cards did not always work
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

First, I want to say I truly appreciate your comments about the service you received from our Breakfast bar attendants: Nancy & Judy (they appreciate your kind words as well).

As I continued reading your comments about our front desk associates being “cold and distance”, guest room keys weren’t working properly and the pool having too much chlorine. I want to take this time to apologize for what you have experienced at our property and I assure you these issues have been corrected.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester, VA area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found the bathroom very clean and updated, but the chair in our room was stained, the rug is not of very good quality and bedding is just ok (wrinkled and stained bedskirt, sheets looked "tired"). I anticipated more from this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. I have read your comments about the guest room carpet and bedding were not to your satisfaction. My staff and I believe in keeping our Marriott standards to our guests and I assure you these issues are being corrected as we are ongoing a renovation at our property. I appreciate your comment about the bathroom being cleaned and updated. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future and for you to have a chance to experience the newly renovated hotel.

Best regrads,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Front desk woman was not very friendly, not conversaional, not a smile. I find NO excuse for this when they are in the people business. We were given an end room next to noisy banging fire door on front of hotel with lots of traffic noise and when we turned out the lights to sleep the hotel spotlight lit up our room even with all the blinds pulled. :( We weren't going to change rooms at this point but put up with it. Breakfast was "ok"...nothing special. I think we've been spoiled at other Fairfields. We talked to manager in morning and she was helpful offering better service & discount "next time". She said we shoul've asked for back of hotel and that i must be "light" sensitive. (I'd like to see anyone try to sleep in that room). And i just can't see why we weren't given a quieter room from the get go if they were available....which they indicated in morning they were! They blew their first impression for us. Did we somehow offend front desk woman in the first minute we were there? We are nice, quiet, well mannered, decently dressed, non smoking people. Hotel clean and location right off expressway. Oh well We will probably stay at Days Inn Carlisle next time....not as fancy but it's clean, less expensive and we were treated better and slept great. We had higher hopes for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet dark room.......probably on back of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy. I've read your comments about our front desk associate not being friendly upon check in and being placed in guest room that is not to your satisfaction. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this is not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed and are corrected. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Arrived in the evening to a very pleasant reception with fresh cookies and an efficient reception staff. All of our internet requests were anticipated and honored - high floor, extra pillows, etc. The room was clean with a fresh king bed. Room temperature controlled by a central thermostat worked fine. Wireless internet access was easy. Flat screen T.V. had large selection of channels. Bath ample size - shower great. Breakfast in the a.m. was ample. Very good stop, especially for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

My staff and I truly appreciate your comments about our property and we are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. We are looking forward seeing you again when your travels bring you back into the Winchester area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is my #1 choice when staying in Winchester, Va....It is comfortable.............the staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful............good location...........and a very nice breakfast................

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Our staff believes in keeping "The Marriott Promises" to our guests and and I am very pleased you received this attention from the front desk team.

I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good spot between the Carolina's and New York. Easy on and off the interstate. Staff was courteous and responded quickly to our requests. Breakfast not as comprehensive as others but adequate. Dining options near hotel are many.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mwarner22
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. I am glad you had a pleasant stay; my staff and I hope to see to you again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hotel was pretty average for business stop. Key card reader did not work, whirlpool was out of commission, bathtub is small, wallpaper is peeling, one side of hotel faces freeway, but warm cookies at end of work day were fantastic. Staff did their best.

Room Tip: Check to see if gym equipment, whirlpool and pool are open.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guest to leave unhappy. I'm apologizing to hear about the issues you had during your stay with us. We truly believe in keeping our Marriott standards to our guests and I assure you these issues will be corrected. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Best Regards,